Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do mud flaps scrape on speed bumps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lowered my vehicle (by about 1.25” below stock height) and have never scraped my mud flaps on any speed bumps. The worst that has ever happened is on very large/tall speed bumps, I might ever so slightly scrape the very bottom of the vehicle (not the battery housing but the plastic rocker panel) depending on my speed when going over the speed bump. The mud flaps always clear (and never touch) speed bumps, even big the ones. I think scraping the mud flaps is more of an issue/concern on sharp inclines/declines (like when you pull into a driveway or entrance which has a steep angle of approach).

Reactions: BRiZZ9
I think the answer is "maybe". I have mud flaps in my 3 and Y (both after market). The Y is similar to OEM mudflaps and the fronts scrap our driveway bump as we back out. The 3 does not due to the angle I take and they are smaller/less pronounced than the Y.

These are what I put on the 3 and like them better than OEM because they wrap around in 3D and curve to the shape of the body.

Reactions: BRiZZ9