Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do new 2021 Model Y have USB in Both Glovebox and Center Console

darenv72

Feb 13, 2021
nv
just got my new MY and cant find USB port in Center Console.

All i see one in glove box and two USB-C in rear .

Thanx!

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
The following is from the Model 3 forum re the new center console. See Post #4:

USB connections on 2021 Model 3

"The USB ports are located in the forward compartment of the center console, on the vertical surface closest to the rear of the car."

Look inside the center console compartment (beneath the sliding cover) for the front USB port(s.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CleverUsername

GlmnAlyAirCar

Mar 19, 2015
Sanatoga PA
They are difficult to see. You need to lift the phone charger. Even then they are not illuminated so you really can't see them well. Feel around...you will find them.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
In the updated center console for the Model 3 and Y the USB 3.0 data port has been moved to inside the glove box. A second front USB-C port has been added. The two front USB-C ports are now located inside the center console lower compartment (the one with the sliding cover) at the rear of the compartment. The wireless charging pad is powered directly (not via one of the USB-C ports.) The wireless charging pad is always visible with no hinged cover. The wireless charging pad does not does not flip up.

OCJeff

OD: 6/4 MYLR5 White/White/20” Del. 9/16
Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
Based on the description above I would have to say yes. USB-C ports are inside of the enclosed center console.

Samyul

Feb 18, 2021
Irvine, CA
In the updated center console for the Model 3 and Y the USB 3.0 data port has been moved to inside the glove box. A second front USB-C port has been added. The two front USB-C ports are now located inside the center console lower compartment (the one with the sliding cover) at the rear of the compartment. The wireless charging pad is powered directly (not via one of the USB-C ports.) The wireless charging pad is always visible with no hinged cover. The wireless charging pad does not does not flip up.

I didn't realize that the USB plugs would be in a different location. I guess I bought the USB hub for no reason!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC