Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DO NOT BUY Taptes Cargo Mats if you want full coverage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or if you want decent customer service. After purchasing in June and having an estimated delivery of 3 weeks, I just received my mats a couple days ago. On the Taptes website they show a picture of the mat saying 100% full protection but the mat in reality is smaller with a lot of gaps. Now I'm struggling with Taptes customer service, which says there isn't an issue.

I'd just go with Amazon, lots of better alternatives that do indeed have full coverage with easy returns.

20210729_082822.jpg

Attachments

• 20210729_082751.jpg
    20210729_082751.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: mikevbf and ucsdsig
Bah, I wish I had found this before buying. Same issue here and I didn't look at the return policy before purchasing. The Frunk mat and sub-trunk mat are even worse, IMO. Currently emailing customer support about the issues, but I guess I'm not going to get far with them.

1.5 inch gap between sub-trunk mat and the wall of the trunk. The shape of the edges of the mat also do it no favors as it has a lip on top for some unknown reason, rather than conforming to the wall itself. Please, anyone out there, do not buy the Taptes cargo liner set!

poor_under_trunk_fit_1.jpg

Do not purchase the front and rear floor mats either. I constantly have to keep adjusting the driver and passenger mats as they do not fit well (too small - about an inch too small). Also, the passenger mats are folding forward (the part in the footwell). I purchased these back in early May 2 weeks after putting in the order for the MY that I did not receive until pretty much August so I could not officially test them. It's my fault for not testing, but the measurements are so off. Stay Away!

Ditto here... stay away these don't fit on the MY 5 seater 2021 very well at all, there are close to one inch gaps on the driver front, cargo mat, and the passenger front doesn't lie flat at the top. I am going to try to get by with them for this winter but, they are basically a waste of money and I would buy 3D max if you want this type and deal with that logo. I saw some pictures of a set that fit well with the updated 2021 fit but that must of been an anomaly. Customer service is aware but they aren't doing anything as of now...