Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do NOT buy Tesla Product ...very disappointed...please read and reply

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD still shows 3k on my account so it remains to be seen if it will actually drop. I think 1k would be more fair personally, but again, Tesla knows what it can afford. Isnt the additional performance for all model 3s? If so, then it really cannot be considered a perk to early buyers.

My account is now showing $2K for adding FSD at this point (purchased EAP at time of order) so Elon was good to his word on that.

2K FSD upgrade - 1 (1).jpg

Hi, thanks all for replying. Initially, I decided not to buy EAP then they told me that it would be $2000 more after the delivery so I bought for $5000. Now, if I want FSD then additionally I have to pay so total for FSD would be $7000. Those people who didn't buy EAP at all if they want to buy FSD now, first of all, they have to pay $7000 for EAP as per Tesla then they have to pay $2000 so total would be $9000. So now instead of paying $9000 they have to pay only $5000 and owners like me they have to $5000 +$2000 = $7000. This is only to those customers prior to 2019. My question is why you are rewarding those who didn't buy EAP???

In the above case, both owners have bought M3 about the same period. My only urge was that both should be treated the same and still if you can't understand then I can't help.....

So if Tesla rewards those customers who don't buy any new features, it would be good for them as well as previous owners bc if nobody would buy any new features then Tesla had to reduce the price and all would get the benefit. So my advice is DO NOT buy any FSD or whatever the funky name they have to give. Don't recommend your loved ones to buy Tesla now and ask them to wait for 2 years, if this is the trend then it would be very very cheap....

I saw many people have adviced me but nobody tried to understand the root cause and the actual policy. If Tesla gonna do the same in every quarter then it would be hugely declined in its share price may be about $100. I am not joking ... Tesla should accept some other approach but slicing down the product price so frequently, would affect the company very badly.

Thanks

Hi, thanks all for replying. Initially, I decided not to buy EAP then they told me that it would be $2000 more after the delivery so I bought for $5000. Now, if I want FSD then additionally I have to pay so total for FSD would be $7000. Those people who didn't buy EAP at all if they want to buy FSD now, first of all, they have to pay $7000 for EAP as per Tesla then they have to pay $2000 so total would be $9000. So now instead of paying $9000 they have to pay only $5000 and owners like me they have to $5000 +$2000 = $7000. This is only to those customers prior to 2019. My question is why you are rewarding those who didn't buy EAP???

In the above case, both owners have bought M3 about the same period. My only urge was that both should be treated the same and still if you can't understand then I can't help.....

So if Tesla rewards those customers who don't buy any new features, it would be good for them as well as previous owners bc if nobody would buy any new features then Tesla had to reduce the price and all would get the benefit. So my advice is DO NOT buy any FSD or whatever the funky name they have to give. Don't recommend your loved ones to buy Tesla now and ask them to wait for 2 years, if this is the trend then it would be very very cheap....

I saw many people have adviced me but nobody tried to understand the root cause and the actual policy. If Tesla gonna do the same in every quarter then it would be hugely declined in its share price may be about $100. I am not joking ... Tesla should accept some other approach but slicing down the product price so frequently, would affect the company very badly.

Thanks

You REALLY need to understand a very basic concept here... PRICES CHANGE. They change all of the time, they change without notice, they change up, they change down...

If you didn't buy EAP as part of your original order, you need to buy it before you can buy FSD if you also didn't buy it when you originally ordered. All of this whining about the price drop is just hilarious...

Jeff

As many have said stores have price changes all the time. You can go into a store one day and buy something and then next week go in and find it on sale and your friend who buys the same thing that week essentially got the same thing you did but at a cost savings. Not sure why that is so upsetting? It happens all the time. Companies reduce price as things sit on the floor longer and "age" and promos are done to temporarily help sell inventory. There's also no way to know if this price decrease is temporary or not. I can only guess OP is jealous of their friend that bought at a time when the prices dropped. You are chosing to look at this as rewarding people who never ordered EAP to begin with. Well if sales have stalled, or if in this case you want to get more people participating in a program, you then reduce prices to pick up interest. I seriously doubt Tesla looked at the new pricing structure as a way to punish it's customers. People bought if they were comfortable with it.

I think the new AP/FSD pricing structure is meant to: 1) address that owners have asked for TACC to be offered separately and 2) get more people signed up with FSD before the new HW3 equipment needs to be ordered in advance, comes out and gets installed in current owners' vehicles. The more current owners signed on to FSD, the better unit cost due to volume. If you know anything about Tesla's mission it will be to go full-self driving at some point in the future, believing it will make travel safer in the end and add convenience to people's lives. And as someone said all Teslas at some point may only come as FSD.

Going through life seeing price reductions happen all the time must make one unhappy I guess if you chose to feel slighted or taken advantage of.

The whole 'it costs more unless you buy it now' should have always been taken with a grain of salt in my opinion. I always knew this was only true until the prices came down. There were threads where people discussed the costs and I said then that I believe the cost will come down (I know others did too).

I did not purchase EAP or FSD and I figured it HAD to come down in price later. I didn't wait in hopes of that since I probably will never purcahse it, but I have to imagine it would seem obvious that eventually there would be lower prices offered for EAP/FSD.

Thanks

You bought in 2018 and got an extra $3750 tax credit. To get the features you got in EAP for $5,000 now costs $8,000.

Cmon now, relax. What a bunch of nonsense this all is.

You’re gonna have a pretty hard time finding the other automobile companies that don’t sporadically reduce prices (rebates, financing incentives, subvented leases) to refer your friends and family to.

I strongly advise everyone I know looking for a car to consider a Tesla. It’s a wonderful car and I love mine.

Except not in the Tesla world. So yes, it's a perfectly valid analogy.

Jeff

Software updates in a car are not new generations. There are large number of components in a car & software cost is much smaller as a % of the total package(hw+software) cost.

iPhones get a software update for every year for @6 years, doesn't mean my iPhone X is equal to iPhone 5(i.e. every new phone EVERY year gets updated/new hardware and hw components year) & yes that's why they depreciate, unlike say a 2-6 month old car which has the same HW as 1 year old car & for most cars the HW does not change for 4-5 years.

The source of your discontent is not hard to understand and I'm sorry that you felt cheated after having spent so much money on a purchase.

At the same time, I do not think that in 4 pages worth of reply, nobody tried to understand your point. Your viewpoint is straight forward, reasonable, and easy to understand. Though whether or not others agree with your viewpoint is another matter altogether, and I'd be hard pressed to believe that disagreement is only caused by a lack of understanding.

Usually the general consensus is way smarter than my own yapping. :)

My name is Kinjal Patel and I am the owner of Tesla Model 3 (VIN # 5YJXXXXXXXX175821). I purchased the vehicle on Dec 17th with Enhanced Autopilot.
I paid for that vehicle $57,000 plus. I referred to my friend and encouraged him to buy Tesla.
He bought it without AutoPilot and he paid $5000 less than I paid.
Now, I just came to know yesterday while talking to Customer Support that if I have to upgrade my enhanced autopilot to "Full Self Driving Capability (FSD)" then I have to pay $2000 extra.

I complained to him, I had been told when I bought Model 3 that new update would come for enhanced autopilot and you would get it for free and I don't have to pay anything else.
I couldn't understand, what's going on?????
Why I have to pay for it, I just paid $5000 and you guys didn't mention that we are upgrading in 2019 and we would charge for that update otherwise I won't purchase it.

You guys are selling the same model. If it is a different model then it's a separate thing but I would call this as fraud or loot to the customer.

Both customer representatives told me today morning and yesterday afternoon that if you didn't buy autopilot in 2018 and now if you want this FSD then you have to pay for $3000 first for "AutoPilot" and then you have to pay $2000 ( discounted rate) for those who purchased before March.

So, if you try to understand this scenario then my friend didn't buy autopilot in 2018 and the car price is $52,000.
I got the enhanced autopilot and I paid $57,000.

So by taking the above case, let's say both want to purchase this new FSD feature then, the one who purchased "Enhanced AutoPilot" has to pay $2000 additionally so Total Cost would be $57,000 + $2000 (FSD Upgrade) = $59,000.
and Total Cost for the other person would be $52000 + $ 3000 (Auto Pilot) + $2000 (FSD discounted Price) = $57,000.

1 car would be for $57,000 and the other would be for $59,000 and they both would be the exact same feature, model and purchase date.

Are you guys crazy??????????

why you rewarded to that guy who didn't buy autopilot and why you are charging more to the guy who trusted you and bought enhanced autopilot.

Please try to understand.

I disappointed in just 2 months after paying $57,000 for a car.

In order to sell to future customers and try to attract them, you are screwing your old customers (recent customers) who just trusted you and they are ambassadors for your company.

Now onwards, despite off Model 3 is a good car, I won't tell anybody to buy Tesla Product as you never know when Tesla would charge for all upcoming updates and reduce the product cost.

By reducing the Product Cost, if I have to sell my car now then it would be $5000 less in just 2 months. Why??, because of the car value got decreased by the manufacturer.

In order to attract new customers, you are making a bad impression on your existing customers and it would affect the company's prestige.

Please fix this issue with Price Adjustment or Refund or Price Match to the product.

"FSD" Price would be the same for 2018 Customers despite off anybody has bought or not.

So what I am recommending is that for those owners who have purchased Enhanced Auto Pilot, they would get the "Free" Update for FSD.

The one who didn't buy Enhanced AutoPilot then they would pay a total of $5000 and by doing so both would be treated as same. ($57,000 for customer A and $57,000 for Customer B)

Please try to understand owners situation and we are the people who would keep spreading the words, but if we get disappointed then that chain of marketing would be broken and nobody would refer to anyone to buy Tesla Product and it is a fact.

Please find a way to please your existing customers and at the same time, you can also please your future customer.

Please don't allow to ruin the company's prestige.

Thanks
cleardot.gif
You all are funny. Ever bought an Iphone? A TV? A computer? Technology goes down in price as time goes on. Aftermarket addons cost more. Bought my X in April 2018, delivered June 2018, love it. Enjoy each new feature as it comes out. If there is a glitch I note it and move on.