Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do NOT buy Tesla Product ...very disappointed...please read and reply

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happens every day. My 2014 SRT Jeep was ordered at $72,000.00. Chrysler then charged me $78,000.00. 4 Other dealers also had Jeeps that were marked up well over what they were originally. I paid the extra. 5 months after they were offering them for 10K lower. This isn't anything new. Auto dealers have been doing this for years. This is also the same with electronics too. Marked up during high season and discounted on boxing day ect. You read the contract and agreed to pay a price. Suck it up
Um... did you even read my post?

My point was that it wasn't the same as a normal price drop (which is fine). You can agree to disagree, but what you wrote above suggests you missed my point entirely.

• Disagree
Reactions: ENVUSM3
Tesla has the right to do what they've done. And, as others have pointed out, other manufacturers are MUCH worse about this. Most dealers won't think twice about having 2 people spend thousands more/less on the SAME vehicle on the SAME day. The problem here, is many expect more out of Tesla. Different people expect different things, but I expect Tesla's selling model results in people paying the same thing for the same car on the same day. It's great and they really do this. Tomorrow is a different story. But, when Tesla changes prices (and they do!) and if it's too soon or appears to be wholly unfair to previous owners, they have been known to try and somehow make it equitable is small ways (not always). We love Tesla when they care like this! The issue here, is they fixed one problem and made another one worse. I think Tesla is busy trying to find another solution that works for everyone. I want a different solution than they've currently proposed, but I also don't want them to go bankwupt trying. Charge what you need to, but do it as fair as possible. I'm willing to pay for FSD as long as you don't give it away to someone less committed than me! Once they are through this, it seems like they are mostly out of the woods here. The $35K car shouldn't come down in price, right? Going forward, Telsa will make more money on people adding FSD and AP after initial purchase for higher margin. New buyers shouldn't experience this and will likely have to pay MORE for AP/FSD in the near future. If they can thread the needle on this one, I really think it's mostly down hill.

you are right, Tesla should play a fair game across all owners and these affected owners are saying that we can pay for 2000 then you should not give discount to those who didn't buy at 1st place otherwise nobody would buy AP/FSD and people would think that Tesla would make it cheaper after a few days. so it would create a trend and that way it would increase the distrust among the owners and they would worn other people to buy....

you are right, Tesla should play a fair game across all owners and these affected owners are saying that we can pay for 2000 then you should not give discount to those who didn't buy at 1st place otherwise nobody would buy AP/FSD and people would think that Tesla would make it cheaper after a few days. so it would create a trend and that way it would increase the distrust among the owners and they would worn other people to buy....

**** I meant to say, they would warn other people not to buy...

Yes, it sucks to be on the wrong side of deals.

But I think you misunderstand how it would work with FSD.
If you wanted FSD, you would _always_ have had to pay extra for FSD.

_But_ since you already purchased EAP you will get the features that are now in FSD that were in EAP, which includes:
- Navigate on Autopilot
- Autopark
- Advanced Summon (if it ever arrives)

You will not get:
- Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
- Automatic driving on city streets.
Or any other future self-driving features.

Plus I have a complaint about the Battery as well...There are so many people they bought this car after June in summer and nobody came to know until January and February where you can find brutal cold and at the parking lot at your work, let's say you parked there for 10 hours....your battery would drain for 2-3 miles per hour, so total 20 to 30 miles every day at your work and that is about almost $2 loss every day by keeping your car outside...just imagine that there are many people they won't have a garage to keep their car so they would lose 40-60 miles easily so loss of $4 to $5 easily per day. They should come up with some kind thermal shield to all Tesla owners' Battery to reduce/overcome the energy transfer.

Sounds like you didn't educate yourself on electric cars. I knew this within 1 day of frequenting these forums and learning about electric propulsion. This is like me complaining about my BMW getting worse fuel economy in the summer (it does) because the air is less dense.

One thing to note is that the people that purchased EAP have gotten to use EAP since they bought it. There is some value to that. Of course this is better for earlier buyers than more recent ones. Is it worth $2000? Probably not, but it was definitely worth something.

Plus I have a complaint about the Battery as well...There are so many people they bought this car after June in summer and nobody came to know until January and February where you can find brutal cold and at the parking lot at your work, let's say you parked there for 10 hours....your battery would drain for 2-3 miles per hour, so total 20 to 30 miles every day at your work and that is about almost $2 loss every day by keeping your car outside...just imagine that there are many people they won't have a garage to keep their car so they would lose 40-60 miles easily so loss of $4 to $5 easily per day. They should come up with some kind thermal shield to all Tesla owners' Battery to reduce/overcome the energy transfer.

You needed to do a lot more research before buying a Tesla, or any electric car. Tesla pricing has changed recently, but you should not have been surprised that FSD cost more than EAP. It's clearly shown during the buying process. And, EVs getting much less range in cold weather is well known.

it's not about reducing the price, I get your analogy and I don't care if they sell it cheaper....but just think about the Autopilot (FSD) price for 2018 customers is not the same. it's a difference of $2000. They didn't mention about this upgrade as well in 2018. It's been just literally 2 months and they provided an update with $2000 ??? wow.....and those who didn't buy FSD they would pay only 5000 now and I have to pay 7000. There would be many like me. I think it should be a free upgrade and that makes sense.

Just remember, YOU agreed with the price for the product you were getting, at the time it was advertising as. Either it be hardware or software. In this case, sounds more software related. Funny thing is, I bet this post wouldn’t exist if Tesla did the opposite and raised the prices of autopilot to an attention $2000. Then, you would be the one with the better deal and not even think twice about those who are paying more for the same product.
Also, I don’t believe any software company has ever pre warned customers about a price change. It just happens. I bought the new Tomb Raider game at $60 and a week later, without no warning, it was selling for $40... did I just get ripped off??

It's pretty dumb that existing EAP owners have to pay $2k more than non-EAP owner for the same features.

But I don't feel too badly about it, because the FSD portion of features don't exist yet. If they ever actually work, I imagine a lot more people are going to feel a bit ripped off.

For now, I'll postpone crying over non-existent milk.

• Funny
Reactions: matto
Where's your protest banner?

protest.jpg

Welcome to the losers club friend :) Just don't buy the FSD yet, it adds nothing currently.

Actually your still doing ok, It's 8k for new orders, 7000 for 2018 EAP owners, and $5000 for 2018 people who purchased cars but have not purchased any AP/FSD yet. A free upgrade for 2019 purchasers who bought EAP.

You are still getting a better deal than people who paid 8k, and a much better deal than having to pay an additional 4/5k but why buy it at all right now? Perhaps it will get cheaper later. Or just simply don't buy it if you think it's unfair as many do.

Reactions: C141medic
if I have to upgrade my enhanced autopilot to "Full Self Driving Capability (FSD)" then I have to pay $2000 extra.
I had been told when I bought Model 3 that new update would come for enhanced autopilot and you would get it for free and I don't have to pay anything else.
cleardot.gif

Updates are free, upgrades are extra cost. You purchased EAP, without FSD. You can continue getting free updates to your Autopilot. You don’t have to upgrade to FSD, unless you want to.

At the time of your purchase, FSD was offered at $3000 on top of what you paid, or $5000 if purchased at a later time. This is what you were promised. If for some reason you thought that FSD upgrade would come for free, you either misunderstood or were misinformed.

While you and your friend are getting different offers, both of you are now being offered better deals than what was initially promised at the time of the purchase.

Welcome to the forum!

My take:

With the constant improvements in battery technology moving battery costs down continuously there will be future price adjustments. At some point ‘Bob’ is going to pay ‘X’ for a car. A week later that same equivalent car may drop $5k. IMO Bob is not entitled to anything, period.

Bobs brother buys a Ford. The next week Ford has a ‘Employee pricing event’. Bobs bro could have saved 5k if he waited. He he entitled to anything? No.

Enjoy the car. It’s awesome!

My name is Kinjal Patel and I am the owner of Tesla Model 3 (VIN # 5YJXXXXXXXX175821). I purchased the vehicle on Dec 17th with Enhanced Autopilot.
I paid for that vehicle $57,000 plus. I referred to my friend and encouraged him to buy Tesla.
He bought it without AutoPilot and he paid $5000 less than I paid.
Now, I just came to know yesterday while talking to Customer Support that if I have to upgrade my enhanced autopilot to "Full Self Driving Capability (FSD)" then I have to pay $2000 extra.

I complained to him, I had been told when I bought Model 3 that new update would come for enhanced autopilot and you would get it for free and I don't have to pay anything else.
I couldn't understand, what's going on?????
Why I have to pay for it, I just paid $5000 and you guys didn't mention that we are upgrading in 2019 and we would charge for that update otherwise I won't purchase it.

You guys are selling the same model. If it is a different model then it's a separate thing but I would call this as fraud or loot to the customer.

Both customer representatives told me today morning and yesterday afternoon that if you didn't buy autopilot in 2018 and now if you want this FSD then you have to pay for $3000 first for "AutoPilot" and then you have to pay $2000 ( discounted rate) for those who purchased before March.

So, if you try to understand this scenario then my friend didn't buy autopilot in 2018 and the car price is $52,000.
I got the enhanced autopilot and I paid $57,000.

So by taking the above case, let's say both want to purchase this new FSD feature then, the one who purchased "Enhanced AutoPilot" has to pay $2000 additionally so Total Cost would be $57,000 + $2000 (FSD Upgrade) = $59,000.
and Total Cost for the other person would be $52000 + $ 3000 (Auto Pilot) + $2000 (FSD discounted Price) = $57,000.

1 car would be for $57,000 and the other would be for $59,000 and they both would be the exact same feature, model and purchase date.

Are you guys crazy??????????

why you rewarded to that guy who didn't buy autopilot and why you are charging more to the guy who trusted you and bought enhanced autopilot.

Please try to understand.

I disappointed in just 2 months after paying $57,000 for a car.

In order to sell to future customers and try to attract them, you are screwing your old customers (recent customers) who just trusted you and they are ambassadors for your company.

Now onwards, despite off Model 3 is a good car, I won't tell anybody to buy Tesla Product as you never know when Tesla would charge for all upcoming updates and reduce the product cost.

By reducing the Product Cost, if I have to sell my car now then it would be $5000 less in just 2 months. Why??, because of the car value got decreased by the manufacturer.

In order to attract new customers, you are making a bad impression on your existing customers and it would affect the company's prestige.

Please fix this issue with Price Adjustment or Refund or Price Match to the product.

"FSD" Price would be the same for 2018 Customers despite off anybody has bought or not.

So what I am recommending is that for those owners who have purchased Enhanced Auto Pilot, they would get the "Free" Update for FSD.

The one who didn't buy Enhanced AutoPilot then they would pay a total of $5000 and by doing so both would be treated as same. ($57,000 for customer A and $57,000 for Customer B)

Please try to understand owners situation and we are the people who would keep spreading the words, but if we get disappointed then that chain of marketing would be broken and nobody would refer to anyone to buy Tesla Product and it is a fact.

Please find a way to please your existing customers and at the same time, you can also please your future customer.

Please don't allow to ruin the company's prestige.

Thanks
cleardot.gif

OK @pat_kin I have covered this in another thread but since you are new here I will try to explain it again

I think it's fair and I'll pay 2k, unless of course we get a tweet that it will be $1,500 followed by a tweet that it will be $1,000 and another tweet it will be free to all purchasers that bought EAP from February 2018 to April of 2018 but $500 from April to July of 2018 and $800 from July to October 2018 but $1,000 rebate from October to December of 2018 and finally 2019 purchases up to February 28 would be free or charged based on how many days before the deadline EAP/FSD was purchased separate or together but not declined.

I hope this is clear to everybody!

Welcome to the forum @pat_kin and I hope you have a sense of humor and thick skin, both will serve you well here!

it's a difference of $2000. They didn't mention about this upgrade as well in 2018. It's been just literally 2 months and they provided an update with $2000 ???

Just 2 months? I bought in 1st week of February 2019 and we were told by every sales person "Buy now, else prices(AutoPilot) will go up" & then screwed by Mr. Musk 2 weeks later.
In addition got lower $1750 Fed Tax benefit($3750/lower_tax_benefit - $2000/price_drop) .

Thank you .... love you Elon :rolleyes:.

Another one of these threads...

I get that you are upset. I think what got Tesla in hot water is their initial wording when you purchase EAP that it will cost more if you don't buy NOW with the vehicle. And they have revert on that so called "promise".

Other than that, they can charge more, charge less, pay me money to try a feature, what have you.