Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do NOT upgrade your MX to HW3, for now at least.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the first at my service center (Burbank) to upgrade model X to HW3 as part of my FSD package. Immediately after I left SC, I noticed extra short proximity detection beeps whenever anyone would park next to me in their own lanes at the stoplight. It is almost like my car sensors work too sensitive and my car always tries to tell me I’m about to crash or someone is about to crash into me. At first, I thought this was part of calibration and didn’t pay too much attention to it. But the problem persists. So for now whenever I park next to a parking meter, a tree or simply stop at a stop light and another car pulls up next to me, I get this annoying beeping sound of obstacle detection. This is completely different from parking assist beeps. Worst of all is that this beeping turns down my radio and phone call volume. I stoped by service center today and was told that this is most likely due to older software and I just have to be patient and wait for a newer software upgrade. So I’m stuck with this annoying beeping until Tesla releases new software update. If I were you, I would hold off on upgrading your model X to HW3 even if offered.

So, how about telling us what firmware you ARE on?

HW3 cars at one point had different firmware versions plainly visible on TeslaFi but I thought that had been fixed. Too bad it’s still an issue. And you’d think a correct version would be part of the ‘upgrade’ process when it seems to be a major problem.

So much for ‘QA’.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I believe if you are on 32.11 already then you have an option in your settings to get SW updates earlier. Try choosing that and you should get 32.12 reasonably quickly...

I just had my 2018 June MX 100D upgraded to HW3. I sent this thread to the SC and ask them if this is a common case. They said no. They told me they have only seen this case once for Model 3 but not related to HW3 upgrade. So far I haven't seen this problem yet, AP is working fine. I feel Nav is much faster, browser is faster too. You may want to make another service appointment to fix the beep problem as a separate issue (which might not be related to HW3 upgrade).

BTW, I was on 2019.32.12.2 and during the retrofit,I saw another software update, but after that, it was still 2019.32.12.2, not sure if it was different firmware for HW3.