Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do NOT use H&R block for your taxes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do NOT use H&R block for your taxes! I spent several hours typing stuff in and finally get to the "credits" page. I do not see the EV tax credit anywhere (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf). I am confused so I do a google search and I find this from last year:
WARNING: H R BLOCK DOES NOT SUPPORT FORM 8834 $7500 FED TAX CREDIT | Forums | Tesla Motors

I feel bad for Joe, but it made me laugh and feel better because I ended up in the same situation. DO NOT USE H&R. Don't have the same problem Joe and I had.

There were almost 100,000 EVs sold in 2013. That's 100,000 customers that H&R block can't have this year. Only way to have H&R work is to go into a local branch and pay them a preparation fee. Good job H&R!

TurboTax for the win. It's so convenient. There was a slight delay to get the EV tax form but other than that it was smooth sailing.

Based on the OP it sounds like you didn't finalize with H&R block and can go elsewhere. Nice catch.

There were almost 100,000 EVs sold in 2013. That's 100,000 customers that H&R block can't have this year. Only way to have H&R work is to go into a local branch and pay them a preparation fee. Good job H&R!

"Get Your Billion Back" you say.

100,000 EVs * $7500 = $750M + State rebates ~ $1B.

So America won't be getting 'their billion back' by using H&R Block!

Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer