Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do our new tires come with road hazard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a screw near sidewall 2k on tires only. Do they come with road hazard? Who should I call, Tesla or tire manufacturer? Thank you
Don't think so. I ran over a huge metal object a few weeks ago on my 3-month old SR MY. Tesla said it was not repairable (even though the defect was in the very middle of the tread) and a new tire was $373 from them.

I ended contacting the manufacturer today and made a claim. They said to go to a service center to have tire inspected. They call and offered a 50% credit. I then bought road hazard on all my tires. I’m set now. :)

We have our first screw in the new MY tire.
Contacted roadside service. Soonest they can come is 24 hours, thankfully we are at home when we found it.
Cost is about $80 for repair, $380 for replace, according to Tesla mobile service SMS.
Good luck!

America’s tire in Walnut Creek ca sold me the road hazard
We thought about doing that also... go to the local tire store and have a plug fix for a few bucks.

But Tesla service mobile van arrived early, and an expert tech took care of the tire and nail 100%. All in our driveway.
1. WE move the MY, not the tech.
2. Tech lifted the MY and removed the tire, then the nail.
3. In the mobile Tesla van, she then removed the tire from the wheel.
4. Tech then ground down the inside of the tire and repaired the tire from the inside.
5. Mounted the repaired tire back on our MY and that was that. Can not see any repair or sign of nail spot at all.
Totally worth it, see these pix of inside the Tesla mobile repair van.

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpg
    IMG_4071.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 137
I had a tire rotation for $50 a few months ago so $80 for a repair seems reasonable. I got lucky and my tire was holding air so I drove to America's Tire for a free repair.

We have our first screw in the new MY tire.
Contacted roadside service. Soonest they can come is 24 hours, thankfully we are at home when we found it.
Cost is about $80 for repair, $380 for replace, according to Tesla mobile service SMS.
Good luck!

This is the first time I've seen or even heard about their mobile tire repair van. It's awesome! Thanks for posting pics.

We thought about doing that also... go to the local tire store and have a plug fix for a few bucks.

But Tesla service mobile van arrived early, and an expert tech took care of the tire and nail 100%. All in our driveway.
1. WE move the MY, not the tech.
2. Tech lifted the MY and removed the tire, then the nail.
3. In the mobile Tesla van, she then removed the tire from the wheel.
4. Tech then ground down the inside of the tire and repaired the tire from the inside.
5. Mounted the repaired tire back on our MY and that was that. Can not see any repair or sign of nail spot at all.
Totally worth it, see these pix of inside the Tesla mobile repair van.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY