Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do prepaid unlimited ranger visits apply to warranty issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andrew

Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2013
Santa Monica, CA
I've been trying to figure out exactly what the "unlimited ranger visits" means with regard to the prepaid service plans. If we drop the $2,400 to prepay for 4 years + unlimited visits, does that also include free/unlimited visits for warranty issues, or just the annual/12K service?

In the forums it seems many people are assuming that "unlimited" means "unlimited for any reason" - but after reading through the fine print, I'm not so sure that's the case. I searched the forums a bit but didn't find an answer...

Anybody have an official word on this? Thanks!

I live several hours from the nearest service center. If I'm not on the unlimited Ranger visit plan, do the annual maintenance Ranger visits cost $100 each? If so, then over four years I only need one additional Ranger visit to break even on the $500 increase for unlimited vs. $100/ea Ranger visits. Is my logic correct?

I live several hours from the nearest service center. If I'm not on the unlimited Ranger visit plan, do the annual maintenance Ranger visits cost $100 each? If so, then over four years I only need one additional Ranger visit to break even on the $500 increase for unlimited vs. $100/ea Ranger visits. Is my logic correct?

That is my understanding.