TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Do prepaid unlimited ranger visits apply to warranty issues?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Andrew, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151

I've been trying to figure out exactly what the "unlimited ranger visits" means with regard to the prepaid service plans. If we drop the $2,400 to prepay for 4 years + unlimited visits, does that also include free/unlimited visits for warranty issues, or just the annual/12K service?

In the forums it seems many people are assuming that "unlimited" means "unlimited for any reason" - but after reading through the fine print, I'm not so sure that's the case. I searched the forums a bit but didn't find an answer...

Anybody have an official word on this? Thanks!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Yes, I just had some warranty work last week and they applied it.

3. babyrocket

babyrocket Member

I live several hours from the nearest service center. If I'm not on the unlimited Ranger visit plan, do the annual maintenance Ranger visits cost $100 each? If so, then over four years I only need one additional Ranger visit to break even on the $500 increase for unlimited vs. $100/ea Ranger visits. Is my logic correct?

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That is my understanding.