Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Quebec Deliveries Come With Installed Front Licence Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new MS was delivered on in Montreal on Thursday, and generally, the car was nicely prepped. I noticed the presence of a front licence plate holder, which is strange, as Quebec has a single licence plate in the back. I did not make an issue out of it, as it was fixed with two screws, and I thought removing it shouldn't be a problem. I am getting the car protected with a PPF on Monday, and the screw holes would be underneath the plastic film.
When I got home I discovered that screws held a light weight colored cover, and underneath there is a black support that seems to be affixed to the bumper cover from behind, so I would need to remove the bumper to get rid of this piece.
This is my fourth Tesla since I bought a 2015 MS. All three previous cars came with a separate front holder that I simply threw away.
I would like to know if recent deliveries of MS in Quebec came with the plate holder installed. It is really ugly and serves no purpose.
My car was ordered in late May, and delivered two months later, so I am thinking it was probably a from a cancelled order that was supposed to go somewhere else.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Mine was delivered without the front plate holder installed, it was left in the trunk along with the mudguards for the front. Note that this was at the end of 2019 however, things might have changed.
On my other cars I've always given specific instructions when I bought the car: no dealer sticker, no front plate etc. You might want to try and do that. Not that they always respect the requirements but at least you have a contract to get them to undo it at their expense :p