Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do reservation holders get any priority with SR deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course the thought was, deliveries would be made in order of reservation date. We have another early reservation, considering ordering SR+ after Model Y event but wondering if we should expect priority or are we then waiting for delivery behind anyone/everyone who has ordered before us?

No data on that. But just logically, how do you expect Tesla to handle that? Someone ordered on 2/28, put a non refundable deposit and expects his model 3 in 2-4 weeks. Then you show up with an early reservation on 3/15, and they push this paying guy 2 weeks later? P.S. People will complain no matter what, but I hope Tesla will focus on quarterly delivery goals instead.

I have not see any evidence of early reservation holders getting priority recently. The priority meant something when it looked like it might take six months to get a car, but prior to the February 28th price cut they were delivering cars within 2-3 days of the order date, so priority was meaningless.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to place a call to them and ask them to bump your order because of your reservation, but I doubt you will find someone who actually has the wherewithal to know how to do that.

I’m going to say NO. Even though a sales rep may tell you so. I had a day 1 online reservaruon too and based on my experience is seemed like they couldnt handle the prioritization as previous post mentioned. It was just a free for all in 2018 and they were just pumping any combos they could based on existing data to hopefully get a match with to someone. I expect then to do the same because of the tax credit and lower price demand.

I would be much more at ease finding at SR+ model inventory to make sure the car is here/there and you know you are definitely getting the car for the $3750 tax incentive.

I suspect that a reservation holder, especially one in the US will not receive any priority, as I believe that all gates have been opened for US reservation holders.

But I would tend to expect that Tesla owners would possibly get priority as has been done in the past. But since there is a heck of a lot more now, there's no telling.

SR+ will definitely get priority, based on the latest press release where they talk about delivery dates being pushed back, but not as much for SR+ models.

I also agree reservations are essentially moot - there are so many other factors that are more important to them at this point. I think their primary directive internally is to make as many "sales" as possible, and clear inventory.