TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do tablet succion mounts work on the Model X back seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by HappyEV, May 11, 2016.

1. HappyEV

HappyEV Member

Hi,
    Have anyone tried succion mounts for tablets (ipad, Galaxy tablet, etc) on the Model X back seats?

Thanks for the feedback!

2. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I was thinking the to do the same thing, I believe I saw a tablet case with a quick release on a suction mount.

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I am pretty sure it will work but will it leave damage

4. Kanting

Kanting Member

Sure. The back of the seats is glassy surface, perfect for any suction cups. We use only Ram Mounts, the best of all. The attached pics show its X-Grip and a Nexus 9 tablet (a 9-incher), and they have been there for a month! My kids also tried the mount on many other interior surfaces, which are plenty inside a MX, like the overhead glass on the FWD and the panoramic windshield with which the center floor (ours is a 6-seater) becomes their favorite spot for watching video. DSC07266.JPG DSC07267.JPG

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Kanting

Kanting Member

Almost forgot to say that the suction cup of Ram Mounts leaves no damage.

6. HappyEV

HappyEV Member

@Kanting, great post with the photos. will copycat you ;D