Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Tesla folks not enjoy driving their cars anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the weirdest thing. My local Tesla Facebook group used to have a pretty wide range of topics being discussed from modifications to charging infrastructure to track days, etc.

Now with the "FSD Beta," the only thing people talk about is getting their score to 100.

Now, folks with P100Ds, P3Ds, and Plaids are talking about how gingerly they took a turn to make sure their score is high. What?!

Granted, I'm on the outside looking in because I have an old P90D like a peasant, so I don't have access to scoring....but who cares? Why would you spend big bucks specifically to purchase a performance version of a car, and then drive it under the speed limit to get access to software that will probably just help you curb your wheels?

Honestly, I love driving my Tesla and really don't like being driven by AP/NoA/FSD. But I bought an $8,000 bottle of Kool-Aid a year ago and I'm kinda invested, financially and emotionally. It's novelty to me, a parlor trick. Safer than humans? No way. Robotaxis? Puh-lease!

When I got frustrated with the arbitrary (and inaccurate) safety scoring, I opted out and drove my car like it was stolen - very liberating! When I saw my scores go away, I realized it might be possible to opt back in and get a do-over on the scoring. That's what I did and two days later, I got the beta. Don't know how much I'll use it, but at least the safety score is gone (or so we're led to believe) and I can drive again. Nothing better than that neck-snapping launch from a stop light and watching cars behind me miniaturize in the rear-view.

Reactions: jboy210
I dont think software 2021.36.5.5 is as compatible w/beta FSD -drive score than other software versions ( 3021.32 or 2021.36.3 or 36.8.5 ) the autopilot on 2021.36.5.5 contantly brakes, hard brakes for no reason, on green lights, on freeway, driving past parked cars, plus alarms go off driving past parked cars, all these errors decrease drive score & autosteer barely works anymore. I drove a car w/2021.32 software & it was 300% better. Im wondering what software version people have w/98-100% scores. All the people on drive score should be on the same software.

This is the weirdest thing. My local Tesla Facebook group used to have a pretty wide range of topics being discussed from modifications to charging infrastructure to track days, etc.

Now with the "FSD Beta," the only thing people talk about is getting their score to 100.

Now, folks with P100Ds, P3Ds, and Plaids are talking about how gingerly they took a turn to make sure their score is high. What?!

Granted, I'm on the outside looking in because I have an old P90D like a peasant, so I don't have access to scoring....but who cares? Why would you spend big bucks specifically to purchase a performance version of a car, and then drive it under the speed limit to get access to software that will probably just help you curb your wheels?
I destroyed all my tires within 9,000 miles

I've never liked driving. I drive because sometimes I want to be somewhere that's too far to walk or would take too long to walk or I'm going to have too much stuff to carry coming back. I like my EAP because on the highway it does most of the driving for me, even though I still have to be alert. If I'm still ambulatory when real FSD finally arrives I will pay whatever they want for it so that I don't have to drive any more. But I didn't buy FSD for my Tesla because I didn't think real FSD would exist before it was time to upgrade my car. I figured I'd probably keep my car for 8 to 12 years. I figure driverless is probably 15 to 20 years away. JMO.

I have no interest in Level 2 City Streets.