Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do the 2020 Model S Ravens have Adaptive Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhere in my wildest dreams I thought that the new 2020 Model S Ravens came standard with adaptive headlights....Is that correct?
Not that I'm aware of. Mine certainly doesn't.

There was a thread a while ago discussing headlights and all I concluded from it was that nothing on a Tesla came close to real adaptive lights like BMW, so I quit worrying about it.

My Raven has adaptive headlights. Unless we are taking about different things... As I turn the steering wheel the LEDs in the upper region of the headlight engage sequentially to help illuminate the turn. If this what you are looking for then yes the new ravens do include these headlights.

My Raven has adaptive headlights. Unless we are taking about different things... As I turn the steering wheel the LEDs in the upper region of the headlight engage sequentially to help illuminate the turn. If this what you are looking for then yes the new ravens do include these headlights.
Mine does that, but not adaptive (multi beam) headlights.

The MB system doesn't have high and low beam. It just blocks off part of the beam that would dazzle oncoming traffic and actually tracks oncoming traffic and moves the blanked portion of its beam to follow it.

Pretty sure BMW have similar and others too.

And the French have had their version since the '50's!

Last edited:
I have never heard the term but I love the way my MS automatically adjusts the high beam on highway driving. There is more than just hi and low...

On the other hand, on rural roads when it is really dark, I sometimes have to force the high beam by pulling the stalk towards me. That I do not like.