Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do the USB-C ports Turn Off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if the USB-C power ports turn off when car goes to sleep?

Lets say your using it to charge an older phone or something else. If you leave it connected and walk away from the car
does that port stay active and charge the device or disconncts?

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
This information is in the tesla manual on the same pages I referred you to on the other thread you posted about USB ports (which ones carry data).

Which USB port on the 2021 is Data?

If you look on the pages of the manual that cover USB ports I mentioned in that thread (that you mentioned you read, in that thread), you will see the following text on page 22 that describes when the USB ports have power:

========================================

NOTE: Power is available whenever the vehicle is considered "awake". The vehicle may be awake for many reasons. For example, when using features such as Summon, or when features such as Cabin Overheat Protection, Keep Climate On, Dog Mode, Sentry Mode, etc. are enabled.

The vehicle is also awake whenever the 12V battery is being charged or is in use, during HV charging, when the vehicle is communicating with the mobile app, etc. Leaving an accessory plugged in does not deplete the 12V battery.

NOTE: Use USB 3.0 compliant cables to connect a device to a USB port. Using non-compliant cables can result in slower charging, potential connection problems or degraded performance. NOTE: Do not connect multiple devices using a USB hub. This can prevent connected devices from charging or from being recognized by Media Player, Sentry Mode, Dashcam, etc.

=========================================

Note: before I get jumped on for basically saying "RTFM" please note that I am also providing the answer to the question asked.