Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do these swirls require stage 2 correction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting ready to do DIY ceramic coating (Feynlab Ceramic Lite) soon, but am wondering if the swirls I have now require stage 2 (w/ Meg's Ult Compound) correction. If stage 1 (Meg's Ult Polish) is enough I'd certainly save some time and effort.

IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0947.jpg IMG_0946.jpg IMG_0949.jpg

No offense intended here, but if you have to ask... paint correction is extremely precise. It can take a fraction of a second or the wrong pad or any one of variety of things to damage the paint. Please spend the 2 or 3 hundred bucks and have an experienced shop clean and polish the paint for you. Then you can do your DIY ceramic coating. (For the record, I would let the pros do the coating too) You should be applying the coating immediately after the paint correction is done...as in within the same hour. Don't have it polished out and then wait a day or longer.

You spent a lot of your hard earned money to buy the car and you see the value in ceramic coating AND you know the importance of having it polished/paint corrected... leave this one for the pros. It can really bite you in the wallet if you goof it up.

Reactions: Leeclanual
No one is going to be able to answer this for you. Most detailer will use a combination of past knowledge paint hardness and thickness to give you an estimate,but 99% of the time we start with the least abrasive and move down until the swirls are gone or we start to get dangerously low on clear coat. If the swirls are still there after using the most abrasive combination of pad and product and you're low on the clear coat thickness then they're staying unless you repaint.

That being said, did you decon and Clay already?

You spent a lot of your hard earned money to buy the car and you see the value in ceramic coating AND you know the importance of having it polished/paint corrected... leave this one for the pros.
my sentiments exactly.

yes it's pricey, but look at it this way. @jkcheng122

do you know why a divorce is expensive? because it's worth it. the same goes for paint protection, imo.