Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do these two things come w/ model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered a model Y because still waiting for our model X refresh but really need another car. had a model S before.

just trying to pick up a few accessories before it arrives in 2 weeks. few questions please:

-does the model Y come w/ a usb stick? for sentry mode recordings

-does the model Y come w/ a rear trunk 'shelf' like the model S (so that people cant see whats in the trunk, like a laptop bag)?

-any other recommendations/"essentials" for accessories?

--
-anyone have the rim rash guards? any recommendations. ordered the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels

thanks in advance!

Yes for usb. For hiding your laptop bag, the rear has a very large bin underneath the board/cover, it will handle at least 3 laptop backpacks. The new Y also has the PPF applied to the rear door but front mudguard would still be good to reduce amount of stone and stuff that will hit the lower parts of the doors.

Re: the USB thumb drive - Tesla does provide one but it is best used for other purposes as the Samsung USB is not designed for the duty cycle required for constant video logging and will quickly fail (perhaps within ~6 months).

A better option for Tesla Dashcam and Sentry Mode recordings, depending on your budget and storage requirements, is an SSD such as the Samsung T7 or the Sandisk MobileMate USB reader with Sandisk High Endurance or Max Endurance 128GB or 256GB microSD card.

Tesla includes the mud flaps and rear door PPF on Tesla vehicle solds in parts of the US and Canada. I don't believe New York is included in those regions that receive the mud flaps or PPF (check with your Sales Advisor for the latest information.) You will definitely want front mud flaps, on the Model Y the rear mud flaps are more for show.

With winter driving you will want to get a set of floor liners for the Model Y (there are literally dozen or more companies selling floor liners and cargo area liners in addition to the floor liners, cargo liners sold by Tesla.)

The OE all-season tires that come with the Long Range Model Y (19"Continental ProContact RX and 20" Goodyear Eagle F1) are just marginally acceptable for winter driving. The Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) Max Performance Summer tires that come on the Performance Model Y are definitely summer only tires. For driving in temperatures below 40F and in snow, ice you will need to have either all-season, all-weather or winter tires.

Your best option may be to order a winter wheel and tire package (from Tesla when it is in stock, TireRack or Discount Tire.)

There are a number of cargo area privacy covers sold for the Model Y; check on Amazon.

Last edited:
appreciate the responses. i was on the fence about mudflaps but definitely will after both of your recc's

re parcel shelf and storage bin - excellent. wont get parcel shelf
re usb stick great

-dont like the way cell phone holders look but found a cute one that hides away on site above
-prob will get console organizer
Didn’t realize PPF came with it now which is cool. For reference I wasn’t able to put the PPF and mudflaps on until 2 weeks or so after getting the car. I had at least a dozen if not more pit marks on the rear doors when I put it on.

Didn’t realize PPF came with it now which is cool. For reference I wasn’t able to put the PPF and mudflaps on until 2 weeks or so after getting the car. I had at least a dozen if not more pit marks on the rear doors when I put it on.
Note - The partial rear door PPF only comes with the car in some areas. (Canada and some northern US states) Some also preinstall mudflaps.

But in most states you have to purchase it yourself.

Re Screen Protectors,

Abstract Ocean

Spigen (available on Amazon)

These come with mounting frames to help with the installation. It can be take some time and patience because you can't have any dust trapped under the protector and the protector has to be lined up perfectly with the Tesla screen.

Re Screen Protectors,

Abstract Ocean

Spigen (available on Amazon)

These come with mounting frames to help with the installation. It can be take some time and patience because you can't have any dust trapped under the protector and the protector has to be lined up perfectly with the Tesla screen.
Yes, I saw them on YouTube, it looks easy installation.... The matte protector would be good for sun reflection... but it's my understanding that the resolution of the screen decrease... is it too bad ?

Yes, I saw them on YouTube, it looks easy installation.... The matte protector would be good for sun reflection... but it's my understanding that the resolution of the screen decrease... is it too bad ?
No, it is little less crisp but as you noted it helps block most reflections. (If the sun low in the sky and directly behind the Tesla the matte screen protector can wash out.) The other benefit of the matte protector is it totally hides fingerprints. I am very satisfied with my AO matte screen protector but the Spigen probably has the better install frame and tool. (I broke my first AO protector while trying to press out an air bubble close to the edge. AO customer service was great; they sent me a free replacement screen protector kit, even paid the shipping.)

Reactions: Teslitored