Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do they want to sell a car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have religiously contacted Tesla all week because, for some unknown reason, they don't want to give me a final invoice. Seems like one push of a button will produce it, but noone seems to want to push that button.

Collection day is 8 December...just now, but no invoice, no draw down of EST loan. No draw down of loan, no funds for car. No funds for car, no collection on 8 Dec. Getting really, really, really frustrated.

Rant over.

• Funny
Reactions: TheFuturist
Fingers crossed that the EST release funds in time, if Tesla won't release an invoice until next week...
Phone the Edinburgh collection centre and see if they can do anything to speed things along.

They're the only current service centre in the UK used to dealing with EST. If phoning a central number they may not be experienced with the implications of last minute invoices.

Phone the Edinburgh collection centre and see if they can do anything to speed things along.

They're the only current service centre in the UK used to dealing with EST. If phoning a central number they may not be experienced with the implications of last minute invoices.

Would you happen to know the number? I checked on the webpage for it, but got shunted to a central line. Spoke to someone pleasant that said it was being dealt with, but I've heard that one all week

Tesla has their own prodeedures. Rest assured they will reach out to you for funding in time for your delivery.
There's a third party involved here though, which won't provide their interest free loan until Tesla provide an invoice. The 3rd party then require a set amount of time to validate the invoice and provide the loan.

In Tesla's own time, may be too late for the loan funds to be released, especially if close to Christmas, resulting in a car that can't be paid for and delivered before quarter end.

There's a particular service centre in Scotland that is used to these intricacies, the hope is that they may be able to hurry the generation of the invoice along.

• Informative
Reactions: exlatccatsa
Tesla has their own prodeedures. Rest assured they will reach out to you for funding in time for your delivery.

The point is that the guy will not have the funding to pay Tesla because his loan won't be approved until the loan provider sees an invoice ... which Tesla haven't provided. If they only provide it a few days before that may not be enough time for the loan to come through.

I was able to get my invoice after emailing the delivery team and the Edinburgh service centre, car is due for collection on the 7th Dec and I got my invoice and emailed it to EST on 23rd Nov.

I also asked Tesla if they could email it to them on my behalf to speed the process of verification up but they said no. I know I won't have the funds for my delivery date but hoping I can just push it back a couple of weeks and still get the car before year end.

This is part of the Tesla system for filtering their customers.
You can only have a Tesla if you're determined, enhusiastic, a fanboy and compliant with poor build quality and service...:D
Said in jest, but there's truth in that. We bought a VW ID.3 last week for my wife, and the progress was so much better. They just have their *sugar* sorted with regards to process, training, and people to make the processes work.

FINALLY! Invoice received and sent to EST.

It's going to be tight for a week today...
You REALLY have to want to a Tesla to make it through their sales process! I nearly gave up several times but quite glad I stuck with it.

In fact, at my first pickup I was in front of the car at the SC for collection but had to walk away empty handed after I got a text saying the invoice would take another month!

Last edited: