Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do u see cars coming toward u on the left on the screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having issues with my screen showing cars. It appears that I can see cars on the right but often not on the left (either at all or approaching me) - this seems more accurate when on a multilane freeway recently, but

I can't see cars coming toward me on the left when on a 2 lane road or turning left into the lane next to me either when just ahead or right next to me

I tried a test and drove up next to a parked car on my left. First there was no image, then about 3 seconds later an image appeared and stayed.
Coupled with this - pedestrians crossing from right to left appear to a bit past the left of my car, but coming from the left they don't appear until halfway across the car.

Is this normal?

Do you mean cars traveling in the same direction of travel as you? Or coming in the opposite direction of travel?

When traveling in the same direction of travel, yes they show up. They shouldn't show up if coming in the opposite direction of travel, but occasionally they do.

What about pedestrians crossing from R to L appearing til past the L side of car, but not appearing at all if crossing from L to R until they have almost passed the middle of the car?
I don't have AP but am concerned about emergency features operating if they are "seeing" what I'm seeing. Also no "blind spot warnings" but from what I've seen on the web this may be an non (or unreliable) feature.

Do you mean cars traveling in the same direction of travel as you? Or coming in the opposite direction of travel?

When traveling in the same direction of travel, yes they show up. They shouldn't show up if coming in the opposite direction of travel, but occasionally they do.
Yes, originally they didn't show up going in the same direction - but that seems to have improved. I meant coming toward me - even when stopped and cross traffic looks like it is directly in front of me (and would hit me head on) b/c curved road.