TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Do UK Tesla Drivers ....

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by gdavison, Dec 3, 2014.

1. gdavison

gdavison Member

........ Flash their headlights and wave as if possessed by a demon when seeing a fellow Tesla owner on the road ?

I hope so otherwise if any of you see a madly waving, light flashing driver in a polar white S after this weekend, please humour me :biggrin:

2. Rluner

Rluner Member

I'm expecting delivery of mine at the end of Dec after a four months wait.

Apart from the dealer test drive cars I have yet to see a Tesla on the road in the wild.

I`m sure I will be waving back if I ever see a Tesla while driving mine.

3. mellington

mellington Member

I would, but it's a lonely place where I never see others. I saw a black one on the other side of a car park as I was walking though, I would just been a random guy waving in the car park.

4. chris.c

chris.c Member

Haven't seen another in the wild since I got mine, but I most certainly would!

5. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

As a variation to the theme, about a year ago I was driving my Roadster up the M40 when I realised some *&^% behind me was flashing his headlights like mad. Turns out it was a EU registered Model S attempting to communicate !

That was the first time I'd ever seen one in the wild, and probably a bit of a unique occurrence anywhere in Europe that day.

Since then I've seen 4 on the road away from London.

I've had the use of a P85+ for a while now and not seen another on the road. I do get a hell of lot of looks / people pointing / partners despatch to back seats to take photos . . and the occasional Neanderthal Nissan GTR driver egging me on etc . . . The latter tends to make other gesticulations rather flash their headlights !!

6. Shooter

Shooter Member

I have seen a few now and of course there is another just down the end of my road!

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

When I went up to West Drayton for the service, they were telling me there are a lot around London now. I said I never saw one in the wild, but on the way home I spotted an S heading north on the M3 near J2. Trouble is, I was in the courtesy Audi.

8. Rluner

Rluner Member

In six weeks of driving around north west UK plus runs to Wales and Edinburgh, apart from parked on SC or in showrooms I have yet to see a MS, as you say, in the wild.

update. 100 posts for me. Lol

9. Puslinch

Puslinch Member

I've come across 2 in the last 7 days. Heading towards the M3 on the M25 last Saturday a white MS with reg P85....and a red MS in the Thorpe area the other day. I believe it's one of my daughters parents that drives it. The kids were out the other day and one of the girls said we have one of these.....

I'm in a Red MS80 R064... reg trolling around the west end up and up and down the M40 to Brum. Gary

10. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Well if it's not you...

11. deonb

deonb Active Member

12. andrewas

andrewas Member

I have to tell you my story from the wild british isles... In july/august last year I took my family for a drive from our home in Norway to the UK (via Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and the Chunnel). We did of course drive in our pearl white P85+ (delivered August 2013). A few other model S were seen in London around the supercharger at the royal Victoria docks (at that time the only in UK).

The really cool spotting was actually done by a colleague of mine from Slovakia who happened to be sightseeing in London one that same late Sunday morning as my family and I drove by GPS from our hotel towards the supercharger. The route took us past most of London's downtown landmarks... down Pall Mall, past Trafalgar Square, down Whitehall, a turn by the foot of Big Ben and then along the river banks towards the supercharger...

A few days later I saw his post asking if the white model S with Norwegian plates he saw driving past Trafalgar Square that Sunday morning would have been us! Imagine the odds...

While in UK we drove from London to York, then to Liverpool, then back to London. Apart from around the supercharger in London we saw no other model S anywhere.