Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do we just have to wait for next release of FSD beta to everyone now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those(inclusing me)that are still in FSD beta queue waiting to get in FSD beta, do we now just have to wait for next release of FSD Beta v11(or whatever version it will be) to the mass/everyone now? Or does Tesla still let some in while waiting?

For those(inclusing me)that are still in FSD beta queue waiting to get in FSD beta, do we now just have to wait for next release of FSD Beta v11(or whatever version it will be) to the mass/everyone now? Or does Tesla still let some in while waiting?

You'll be added to the newly expanded beta pool for the V11.

With the tweet from 3 days ago, V11 FSD will go to the beta pool first. That will take a few weeks. Then it will go wide release after that.

That version will address the city streets as well as highway but not Summon/Parking.

I guess the work is not done so we will still have 2 groups: beta and wide release for a foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'll be added to the newly expanded beta pool for the V11.

With the tweet from 3 days ago, V11 FSD will go to the beta pool first. That will take a few weeks. Then it will go wide release after that.

That version will address the city streets as well as highway but not Summon/Parking.

I guess the work is not done so we will still have 2 groups: beta and wide release for a foreseeable future.

Apparently that is not the case. i was in the Q for a month and this morning received update 2022.36.20 with FSD 10.69.3.1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...I think @Tam might be wrong about that.
I am not Elon Musk. I only relayed his message.

His message on 11/12/2022 is about the wide release of V11, not FSD beta version 10 that you just got.

Then a week later, that V11 wide release was changed to 10.69.3.1 which is not V11 that he said a week earlier.

I am wrong to communicate what Elon Musk said. I should have known!

Reactions: TezlaSoFlo
Upvote 0
I am not Elon Musk. I only relayed his message.

His message on 11/12/2022 is about the wide release of V11, not FSD beta version 10 that you just got.

Then a week later, that V11 wide release was changed to 10.69.3.1 which is not V11 that he said a week earlier.

I am wrong to communicate what Elon Musk said. I should have known!
the conversation is not about proving you wrong, i just said "Apparently that is not the case" because i got in obviously prior to V11 and that 10.69.3.1 just started to roll out which was after your post so apparently your post was not valid any more.

All good and i personally appreciate other member's input and takes

Upvote 0
the conversation is not about proving you wrong, i just said "Apparently that is not the case" because i got in obviously prior to V11 and that 10.69.3.1 just started to roll out which was after your post so apparently your post was not valid any more.

All good and i personally appreciate other member's input and takes
People who already have software 2022.40.x.x will have to wait for V11. It's only people still on 2022.36 that can now get the wide release of 10.69.3.1, since its built on 2022.36.20. Can't downgrade the car software in order to get the FSD beta.

Upvote 0
That v11 is the base car software version. Fsd v11 has not been released yet.
Got it, thanks I was wondering since they said everyone below 2022.40 would be able to get it, and that's me but still no update. Then I read about people on v11 having to wait because the beta is on v10. I got my model Y in October, still not a single update. The car came with 2022.28.300, I'm waiting in the FSD Beta queue with 98 safety score and 3,065 miles driven (mostly on autopilot).

Upvote 0
Hi @MichaelMuni ,

You might try a Service Request on the app...
You do seem a bit overdue for an update.

Ask if everything is OK for a software update...
No need to ask about FSD, that will only complicate and confuse things.
Sometimes with them looking at your account they can break loose an update.

All of this assumes that you have a powerful wifi connection
and that your wifi network and password have been set up in your car...

Good luck,

Shawn

Upvote 0
Got it, thanks I was wondering since they said everyone below 2022.40 would be able to get it, and that's me but still no update. Then I read about people on v11 having to wait because the beta is on v10. I got my model Y in October, still not a single update. The car came with 2022.28.300, I'm waiting in the FSD Beta queue with 98 safety score and 3,065 miles driven (mostly on autopilot).
I'm in a similar situation as you, but with far fewer miles. Our currently installed version of 2022.28.300 is a factory software build--not one that is sent as an update to existing customers. There are assertions on this forum that so far Tesla has never taken a car straight from a factory build to an FSDb build. These assertions are support by a review of the TeslaFi firmware from/to listings.

So unless someone at Tesla unlocks this particular relationship ( which they may), I think both you and I will have to install a normal release when it is offered to us, and then get from that release to a release of FSDb.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

I'm in a similar situation as you, but with far fewer miles. Our currently installed version of 2022.28.300 is a factory software build--not one that is sent as an update to existing customers. There are assertions on this forum that so far Tesla has never taken a car straight from a factory build to an FSDb build. These assertions are support by a review of the TeslaFi firmware from/to listings.

So unless someone at Tesla unlocks this particular relationship ( which they may), I think both you and I will have to install a normal release when it is offered to us, and then get from that release to a release of FSDb.

Good luck.
Just make sure you're on advance in the update settings

Upvote 0

Good luck.
It's frustrating, but that first software update after getting the car new can sometimes take a while.

Upvote 0
My 2016 Model S with MCU1 has had FSD paid for years ago, but is still not on the FSD beta. First to buy the software, and apparently last to get it, and no official word from Tesla about what is happening that I'm aware of. It's disrespectful.
I heard that if you have an older car and have not been able to get into the beta, you might need a camera upgrade before they let you in. Then again, there was someone that got the camera upgrades and still was not let in automatically.

I made a service request saying I was stuck on 2022.28.300, Someone from tesla called me on the phone and talked for a few minutes, and they sort of sounded surprised that I still had not received a single update to the car but in the end just said I'm on current version for the car and I will get an update when one is ready for the car. I even asked if they could just resend a current software update even if it's not the latest one but they didn't.

Upvote 0