Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do we know how to schedule time of day charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine it will take long for this feature to be added to the M3 software. I wouldn't bother with workarounds, just give it a month or two.
It's been seven months, and it's not in the Model 3 SW I just received today.

I'm on SoCal Edison's TimeOfUse (TOU) rate, that is lowest from 10pm-8am. But I hav two cars on one circuit, and want to split the time between them. Without being able to program an end time, either I risk blowing the circuit while the other (2018 Volt) is charging at the same time, or the 3 could charge past the end time when rates go up at 8am.

Where do I vote for new features?

Yeah I know it doesn't mean I HAVE to get the EV rate, I just came across that they offered it and wanted to check it out. And it might just be me, but check below at this extremely misleading EV Rate page. Yeah looks like I won't be switching over. What is interesting is I found their old/current "Time of Use" rates and its the exact same thing. They just basically rebranded it for people with Electric Vehicles. The $0.36 in Las Vegas from 1pm to 7pm just kills you. They know where we live right? lol

View attachment 242834
I'm not sure I understand the problem. They literally guarantee that you won't lose money by switching in the first year. They calculate what you would have paid under your current plan and, if it's less, they refund the difference and switch you back. I had to do the math and for me, based on estimates of how my usage would shift after adding an EV, I figured that the time of use plan would save me money, but not much. Now that I have a second EV, the savings should be larger, we also do more laundry and dishwashing at night and on weekends than we used to, which is kind of the point with these plans, shifting load to times when the grid is lightly burdened.