Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do wraps crack in winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still trying to decide what to do about my beautiful Y.
Ceramic coating?
Wrap it? The wrap has a benefit that I can change the color or make it a 2 tone (or more). But what happens after a few years? Does the wrap start to peel? Will it crack in the winters here in New Hampshire (where it can easily get below 0 F)?

Suggestions?

Still trying to decide what to do about my beautiful Y.
Ceramic coating?
Wrap it? The wrap has a benefit that I can change the color or make it a 2 tone (or more). But what happens after a few years? Does the wrap start to peel? Will it crack in the winters here in New Hampshire (where it can easily get below 0 F)?

Suggestions?
Also looking for suggestions. Did you end up doing anything to your Y?

Have not done anything yet. With everything else that is going on, didn't see that a wrap or ceramic coating was that important.
Everything that I've read seems to show a 3-5 life span. Seems like a lot of money for just a few short years.

Unless there is some serious issue with the paint don't bother. I have had cars for 20yrs and never bothered with it. Worst case every few yrs get a detailing job that includes clay bar and a good polish. Even if your bumper is all chipped from rocks it costs 400 tops to repaint and have it look brand new. I know many disagree and that's fine, to each his/her own. It's a lot of money and I don't see it as worth it. My 3 is holding up just fine and pretty sure when my Y arrives that will be fine as well.