Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you display range (M/KM) or battery percentage?

Do you display range (M/KM) or battery percentage?

• Range

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Battery Percentage

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For daily driving, it doesn’t matter. I use percentage because I saw a lot of posts here about people seeing the range change while they were driving and becoming alarmed about something that is just an estimate based on previous driving. Mostly I do slow drives to work, so my range is normally huge. That doesn’t help when I am taking a trip because the energy consumption is completely different.

For daily driving, it doesn’t matter. I use percentage because I saw a lot of posts here about people seeing the range change while they were driving and becoming alarmed about something that is just an estimate based on previous driving. Mostly I do slow drives to work, so my range is normally huge. That doesn’t help when I am taking a trip because the energy consumption is completely different.
??...except the range indiction does not change based on previous driving. It’s a straight conversion from usable battery state of charge. It assumes a constant ~240Wh/mi.

darn - waited too long to edit
I have the display set to range - but when you use the nav it still shows percentage in its estimates which is really annoying.
It would be nice to be consistent.
On that subject, it would be great if you could choose your own warning limits.
Turning the battery indicator to yellow (from green) with 60 miles left (I guess 20%) is a bit annoying