Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you do the Tesla Nod???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was intense. Not being from California if we ever see another Tesla we're bouncing off the seats as are the people in the other car!

LOL yes, yet to see another Tesla out on the road now I have mine (used to see one a day when driving ICE)......but you can bet I will be waving like crazy now when i do encounter one....LOL.

I was totally dissed today by a Model S owner while in my Roadster... I did the "quick beep, nod and thumbs up trifecta" and got nothing in response... perhaps all three is too much :D sometimes I wonder if there are Model S owners out there who don't even know about the Roadster???

Their loss!

I tend to be 'flasher' when I see another Model S.

28107419.jpg

Last edited:
Had two waiting-at-a-traffic-signal experiences today.

First, I was sitting in left lane at the light when another blue Model S pulled up on my right side. There we were, two blue Model S's, sitting at the light. I look over and a nice Asian lady smiled, nodded, and waved. I did the same. It was basically a "that's a fine choice of automobile you have there" kind of moment. I was going to ask for some Grey Poupon but the light turned green.

Then later in the day, at the same intersection, I'm sitting there again for a very long light and an SUV pulls up on my right side. I had all my windows down -- beautiful cool September evening in La Jolla, sun just setting. SUV turns its engine off. I hear the driver's window lowering, and I look over. Two ladies in the SUV.

"Do you like your car so far?" the driver asks. "We haven't done a test drive yet but we really want to get one."

"Do the test drive immediately and then place your order as quickly as you can," I replied, as the light turned green.

The BMW behind me honked its horn. Yeah, yeah. I'm movin'. Don't you see I'm closing a sale here?

Nice!!!

@Barey... good point!