Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you eat in your Tesla???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like to eat in cars, so I don't. My kid does, though, and I carry my dog in my car. (The dog doesn't eat in the car but I'm imagining people who ban food from their car might also ban pets, or line the car with some kind of Gore-Tex sanitary pet barrier or something.)

It's a car.

Do people with the "no food in the car rule" either have Vanity plates or at least black license plates (California thing), just wondering?
I do ... I dont have any dogs...all my childern are grown (+21) and I have done this ever since I brought my first car. My parents didnt allow it even on long trips; we just ate at the rest stops. My parents didnt want any surprises (dead food) when it was time to clean. I know Im anal because there's no eating in my 5 bedrooms. Bottom line whatever you desire and makes you happy enjoy it.

Reactions: ModelX
A woman after my own heart! Our Havanese will own our model 3. He is non-shedding, hypoallergenic, sleeps most of the time while underway, and is way cleaner and smarter than I am. I am looking forward to the day when FSD is activated and I will put him in the drivers seat (with a booster seat). That should get some startled looks on the freeway. :eek:

See my avatar--our Havanese (just passed away after 14 wonderful years) spent many hours in our Ses. Much neater and cleaner than many humans.

Grilled onions? Extra toast?

Grilled onions. I force myself to pass on ketchup for the fries in the Model S. So no soup. No ketchup.

I also tried to put the kibosh on make-up being applied in the passenger seat (flecks of dark mascara falling on the tan seats were giving me PTSD) but THAT did not go over very well so I had to accept defeat and let it go .... :)

• Funny
Reactions: Evoforce and ModelX
I don't have any rules against eating in my car, but I do have an all black interior. I wouldn't appreciate someone eating soup or a some smelly fish, but I wouldn't freak out too much.

I'm not a regular smoker, but I have smoked a couple of cigarettes with the windows down. Not a big deal. The car didn't smell bad the next day. I would be more worried about burn marks on my interior than the smell. But, yeah cigarettes are disgusting.

I spilled gasoline in my car yesterday. Definitely my worst Tesla sin, so far.

Reactions: ModelX
The Tesla is different; there are "rules..". This is the first car we've had that looks almost as good inside after 2 years as it did day 1. Rules vary based on the person doing the eating. No crumby things, no soup, no smoking for everyone. My SO loves Chick-Fila chicken salad sandwiches (which i might add she is heartbroken that they are being discontinued). Early on in ownership we drove through and picked up lunch with the proviso that there'd be no eating until we got home.. You can guess the rest - there was a sheepish look on her face and an acknowledgement of why "the rules" were in effect. Of course it dropped into the metal seat track.

We do take our grandson. I use a towel under his carseat, and he is a neater eater than some others. Agree with Bonnie, as convenience stores and more restaurants are added to SpCs that will help greatly on trips. And i do transport some of the dogs occassionally. Same as grandson, towel on seat, and only the ones with black hair as interior is black, and not the one that knows how to open the windows by pressing the button..

So !'m sitting in traffic going home tonight and notice a Grey Model S 90D next to me. As i pull up admiring the premium rims I see the lady driving eating some kind of SOUP! I'm not kidding, SOUP! She had her spoon out and was going to town on a bowl of soup.

Now, nobody eats anything in my Tesla. No candy, gum or M&M's I don't even pickup food at the drive-thru. As i don't want the fast food smell to embed itself to the interior. Much less soup!! And the potential disaster it could have in stop and go traffic.

Given the amount that I travel, not eating in the car would likely result in my premature death from starvation. Or I would go into shock from caffeine withdrawal. But... I am completely nuts about cleanliness. I do a minor clean job my car either daily or every second day.

Soup is a bit ridiculous though.