Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you eat in your Tesla???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So !'m sitting in traffic going home tonight and notice a Grey Model S 90D next to me. As i pull up admiring the premium rims I see the lady driving eating some kind of SOUP! I'm not kidding, SOUP! She had her spoon out and was going to town on a bowl of soup.

Now, nobody eats anything in my Tesla. No candy, gum or M&M's I don't even pickup food at the drive-thru. As i don't want the fast food smell to embed itself to the interior. Much less soup!! And the potential disaster it could have in stop and go traffic.
I agree with you to a certain extent (not eating in the car), but I get fast food all the time and toss it in the frunk. I have a non-D version, so I have a nice sized area (can hold about 4 pizzas) with a net to keep stuff from moving around. Best part is that the smell stays outside the vehicle, so no lingering odor inside.

Reactions: David99
This might sound funny, but here it goes. For those that don't want any food in their car because of the smell it leaves behind. What do you do when you have to fart while driving? Are you seriously holding it back until you get out of the car? I know it's an EV, so no more gas... LOL

We use bioweapon defense mode.

So !'m sitting in traffic going home tonight and notice a Grey Model S 90D next to me. As i pull up admiring the premium rims I see the lady driving eating some kind of SOUP! I'm not kidding, SOUP! She had her spoon out and was going to town on a bowl of soup.

Now, nobody eats anything in my Tesla. No candy, gum or M&M's I don't even pickup food at the drive-thru. As i don't want the fast food smell to embed itself to the interior. Much less soup!! And the potential disaster it could have in stop and go traffic.
My Tesla exists to serve me - I do not exist to serve it. I eat in it. I spill things on it. I rub my butt on it. Then I make it thank me. The detailer cleans it up and the cycle of abuse starts again - I love my life.

You do know you can lock the passenger buttons out, right? Clever dog, though.

OT...But one day wife leaves dog in car and goes into store. A few minutes later someone comes into store asking if anyone know's who the standard poodle roaming the parking lot belongs to. Wife goes running out of store!

The dog climbed into front seat, which made car think someone was in car, which allowed dog to lower front window. So much for passenger widow locks:(

This might sound funny, but here it goes. For those that don't want any food in their car because of the smell it leaves behind. What do you do when you have to fart while driving? Are you seriously holding it back until you get out of the car? I know it's an EV, so no more gas... LOL

I got the ventilated seats for this reason, the Tesla ventilated seats suck instead of blow. . . taking air, and especially my farts, deep into the air purifier under the seat. . . my understanding from Tesla is that the foul air is quickly tested for methane levels, added to my carbon footprint and then sanitized. Smells like roses when the clean air is expelled back into the cabin.

Sometimes when I have to fart at home I get in the car just for the experience.

Absolutely no eating in the car! Started this way back so this is the way for the entire family!
Jamie Oliver went down to Special Vehicle Operations at Land Rover HQ,
to design his very own Land Rover Discovery,
and it wasn't what they were expecting!

He wants a toaster in his arm rest, a fold out kitchen table,
and even a rotisserie on the front of the car,