Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you find police are interested in sentry videos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few nights ago someone was trying to get into all the cars on my street, trying the handles to check if they were unlocked. I contacted the local police (Devon) via the email address on their website but heard nothing. Do you find they are interested or not bothered about videos? Should I just send it to WhamBamTeslacam?

1685441336376.png

1685441297404.png

I had an incident on my road a few months back.

2 Tesla's (including mine) managed to capture the incident on Sentry Mode.

Police used the videos as evidence and managed to identify and prosecute the thief's.
They didnt know Tesla's could do that (they originally knocked on my door as they noticed I had CCTV) and I told them about Sentry Mode on Tesla's

"We need to keep this in mind" was their response.

Sentry mode really handy for neighbours and yourself!

We had a guy steal a rather large and heavy potted plant from near our front door once. One that you needed to use both hands and even then it was heavy, so could see he struggled to take it away. Face was perfectly visable on our CCTV, even when he noticed the CCTV he looked straight at it and pondered for a moment before continuing. I mean wasn't worth much for us but still would rather people don't steal. Police had no interest at all in it, they looked at the footage but nothing happened.

You'd think most of these people are probably know to them but it's sadly just not worth their time and effort. No doubt even if it goes to court they get told to not be a naughty boy and don't do it again. Only if that repeats like 7 - 8 times might they have to pick up some litter for a day. It's too common because there's not enough people to catch them and not enough punishment even if you do.

AI scares me in a lot of ways because it'll come for our jobs but I do look forward to them hooking up all the CCTV in this country and catching these people quite easily. Could probably send out a text message to all the people in an area "Be alert, John who's got 7 convictions for stealing is wearing a hoody and heading to your neighbourhood. It's 1am so that suggests he's going to be up to no good. Set tasers to stun". ;)

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner
AI scares me in a lot of ways because it'll come for our jobs but I do look forward to them hooking up all the CCTV in this country and catching these people quite easily. Could probably send out a text message to all the people in an area "Be alert, John who's got 7 convictions for stealing is wearing a hoody and heading to your neighbourhood. It's 1am so that suggests he's going to be up to no good. Set tasers to stun". ;)
We'll all be stealing when AI takes our jobs :)

We'll all be stealing when AI takes our jobs :)
Makes me laugh when people say you should be fine for longer in a manual labour job like a plumber, electriction and so on. That's true but effectively that's also saying we'll just be manual labour for our new AI overlords ;)

You'll have to wear a goat mask or something to trick it into not thinking a human is up to no good 😂

They were interested when I reported a vehicle driving the wrong way along the A40. I had a follow-up call a few weeks later once they had tracked down the driver.
I had similar, a bell end nearly crashed into me as I was turning into a road and he was going the wrong way. I honked at him and he got all angry as if I was in the wrong! Sent the footage in via the local police website portal. I got an update a couple of weeks later saying he took a fine rather than contesting it in court.

Sentry mode was pretty much the only reason some local turds were caught and identified vandalising property late one night on our street. Our CCTV didn’t get decent images but the Tesla did.

Local police probably don’t know about it until you tell them.