Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you get anything for free or gift cards when you take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just want to start by clarifying that I'm not expecting to get anything for free, but my past 5 cars have been BMW and every time on delivery they throw in a $50 gift card for their store. Handy to put towards something I'd be buying anyway. Just wanted to check if Tesla does anything as I would hate to buy the home charger or another accessory and then take delivery and have them be like here's a coupon for 25% off anything in the store. :)

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
From what I’ve had happen and what the delivery guy said in his AMA here, that is gone. I got nada on my X delivery last fall (not even a pen), but I got a perfect car.

As was said the first day Model 3 people got their mini models. Maybe they are still doing that if your res was a 3/31.

Don’t expect or ask for anything. Delivery centers will be swamped in July and August, we can guarantee. :D

So I just want to start by clarifying that I'm not expecting to get anything for free, but my past 5 cars have been BMW and every time on delivery they throw in a $50 gift card for their store. Handy to put towards something I'd be buying anyway. Just wanted to check if Tesla does anything as I would hate to buy the home charger or another accessory and then take delivery and have them be like here's a coupon for 25% off anything in the store. :)
And this has NEVER happened. Just sayin’. :D

They would have to wreck your car so badly to offer something like this, you don’t want to dream about it. o_O

So BMW marked up your car to give you a $50 gift card? This is what I love about credit card points, they aren't free, you are paying for them.

Reactions: Got-EMF
So BMW marked up your car to give you a $50 gift card? This is what I love about credit card points, they aren't free, you are paying for them.

Speak for yourself, I don't pay a penny for my credit card. It's $120 a year, waived for having my chequing account with them, I put everything I buy on it including my down payment on the model 3, and I never carry a balance. I'm already at $480 in cash back in just 3 months of having this card and haven't paid a penny for it .

Either way, even if the $50 is included in the price of the car that doesn't change the fact that Tesla could be doing the exact same thing, making my question no less valid..

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Funny guy! Be glad you're getting the car

From what I’ve had happen and what the delivery guy said in his AMA here, that is gone. I got nada on my X delivery last fall (not even a pen), but I got a perfect car.

As was said the first day Model 3 people got their mini models. Maybe they are still doing that if your res was a 3/31.

Don’t expect or ask for anything. Delivery centers will be swamped in July and August, we can guarantee. :D

Re: miniature Model 3:
They still are -- a little box in the center console, holding a not very detailed model, about 4" long, of the Model 3 in the color ordered (but wheels are generic, looking like neither the 18" nor the 19"); true at least up to 6/22/18, when I took delivery of my red Model 3 ordered online before the reveal on 3/31/16 and configured/ordered on 4/6/18.

What you do get if not a first-day reservation holder:
The mobile charger (cable, J1772 adapter, NEMA 100V/15A and NEMA 240V/40A plugs).
A mounting frame for the front license plate (not sure if that applies only to deliveries in states that require front license plates).
Two RFD cards.
Mine also had (not something I had seen advertised) two charger cables for use in the center console, one with micro-USB and one for an iPhone. (I needed neither, as I had already ordered and received two micro-USB cables for that same purpose; would have saved me $8 if I had known of it earlier ;-)
Finally, the glovebox has a soft microfiber cloth to keep the touchscreen clean.

But, like the OP wrote, I got a perfect car, which is really all that matters!