TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Do you get anything for free or gift cards when you take delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by psykobunny83, Jul 1, 2018.

1. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

So I just want to start by clarifying that I'm not expecting to get anything for free, but my past 5 cars have been BMW and every time on delivery they throw in a $50 gift card for their store. Handy to put towards something I'd be buying anyway. Just wanted to check if Tesla does anything as I would hate to buy the home charger or another accessory and then take delivery and have them be like here's a coupon for 25% off anything in the store. :)

• Funny x 1
  2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

Don't expect anything. Day 1 people got a very small toy M3...no big deal.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

From what I’ve had happen and what the delivery guy said in his AMA here, that is gone. I got nada on my X delivery last fall (not even a pen), but I got a perfect car.

As was said the first day Model 3 people got their mini models. Maybe they are still doing that if your res was a 3/31.

Don’t expect or ask for anything. Delivery centers will be swamped in July and August, we can guarantee. :D

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

And this has NEVER happened. Just sayin’. :D

They would have to wreck your car so badly to offer something like this, you don’t want to dream about it. o_O

5. joefee

joefee 3M+ page views on TMC Threads

Free data for owners and conf orders by 7/1!

6. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Thanks everyone, again I'm not expecting anything, just figured no point buying clothing and stuff now if they give a discount or something at delivery. Thanks!

7. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

A free full charge

• Funny x 1
  8. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Little car was nice but lifetime premium media for free was even better!

Now? Try to order the most expensive drink from the free coffee bar at delivery, I guess.

9. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Go price that thing. It's not insignificant.

10. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

So BMW marked up your car to give you a $50 gift card? This is what I love about credit card points, they aren't free, you are paying for them.

• Like x 1
  11. a.void

a.void Member

I thought folks were getting a license plate frame

12. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Unlimited gas for the life of the car....

• Funny x 1
  13. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I remember that a few years ago owners used to get 10 or 15% off when purchasing items in-store (with an option to get a code online). Is this still a thing?

14. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Caveat is that the gas can only be used in your Tesla vehicle (i.e., not for secondary vehicle, lawn mower, resale to third party, etc.). :)

15. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Speak for yourself, I don't pay a penny for my credit card. It's $120 a year, waived for having my chequing account with them, I put everything I buy on it including my down payment on the model 3, and I never carry a balance. I'm already at $480 in cash back in just 3 months of having this card and haven't paid a penny for it .

Either way, even if the $50 is included in the price of the car that doesn't change the fact that Tesla could be doing the exact same thing, making my question no less valid..

• Like x 1
  16. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

This is basically why I'm asking the question as I was going to buy the license plate frame just now on the online store, but I would hate to do that to find out then comes with it or whatever .

17. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Yes, I did get a license plate frame for the back and front. I stood in line but no small toy M3.
    I heard Tesla is going to set up a really really small tent to manufacture the toy M3's so I'm sure I'll get mine very soon;)

• Funny x 1
  18. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Getting the car now while hundreds of thousands are waiting is your gift

19. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Funny guy! Be glad you're getting the car

20. bathbunny

bathbunny Member

Re: miniature Model 3:
    They still are -- a little box in the center console, holding a not very detailed model, about 4" long, of the Model 3 in the color ordered (but wheels are generic, looking like neither the 18" nor the 19"); true at least up to 6/22/18, when I took delivery of my red Model 3 ordered online before the reveal on 3/31/16 and configured/ordered on 4/6/18.

What you do get if not a first-day reservation holder:
    The mobile charger (cable, J1772 adapter, NEMA 100V/15A and NEMA 240V/40A plugs).
    A mounting frame for the front license plate (not sure if that applies only to deliveries in states that require front license plates).
    Two RFD cards.
    Mine also had (not something I had seen advertised) two charger cables for use in the center console, one with micro-USB and one for an iPhone. (I needed neither, as I had already ordered and received two micro-USB cables for that same purpose; would have saved me $8 if I had known of it earlier ;-)
    Finally, the glovebox has a soft microfiber cloth to keep the touchscreen clean.

But, like the OP wrote, I got a perfect car, which is really all that matters!