Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you get loaner car when dropping off car for service at Toronto Lawrence service location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard different service station offer something different after dropping car off for service. Some offer rental car credits, some offer uber credits if no loaner car is given.

How about for Toronto Lawrence location? Did you get a loaner car after dropping off your car for repair ?

Thank you.

Lawrence has done ubers for me. They've never had EV loaners available in my experience. They will provide rental ICE loaners.

Fwiw, I've always asked for an EV loaner, grimaced, and either waited or used an Uber in the hope we can use our other EV to make the return trip.

Out of 10 service appointments in 4.5 years, received a loaner three times at Lawrence. P85 was dropped in our driveway and they took our S85 in the first week of ownership to cover off some items we noted on the due bill. An S60 AP1 loaner when we had a week long wait for cabin heater repair. And a P85D AP1 most recently during air suspension replacement.

Can’t comment on Lawrence but Mississauga generally has Tesla loaners. I also learned that when you’re out of warranty that they will only give you a loaner if your service is expected to be more than 2.5 hrs. Keep that in mind when planning your day...although my services always seem to be more than 2.5 hours :(

Reactions: AZP85
It used to be loaners every time, Tesla or ICE rental from Enterprise. Then it changed to rental or uber credits depending on time in service I guess?

Last time I was there they said if they estimate the work will take 2.5 hrs or less then you get nothing. The transportation options are getting scaled back over time it seems, probably for their cost cutting towards sustained profitability.

It sucks. Also S/X owners get priority for loaners always, Fyi.

Reactions: Vawlkus and X.l.r.8
It sucks. Also S/X owners get priority for loaners always, Fyi.
Interesting that you say that. I always wondered if Tesla would differentiate between the mass market and the luxury market. I used to own both a Toyota and a Lexus and the level of service that you get between the two is markedly different, including stuff like loaners. I wonder if Tesla will be treating the Model S/X owners like Lexus and the M3 owners like Toyota?

Interesting that you say that. I always wondered if Tesla would differentiate between the mass market and the luxury market. I used to own both a Toyota and a Lexus and the level of service that you get between the two is markedly different, including stuff like loaners. I wonder if Tesla will be treating the Model S/X owners like Lexus and the M3 owners like Toyota?
Did a service last summer. Mississauga.They had my S85D all day. Tesla paid for an Uber only.
I have had a Tesla loaner ONCE in almost 5 years. All other previous cars have been rental ICE cars.

Last edited:
Earlier in 2018 I received a ICE loaner, in November 2018 I received uber voucher. I actually liked the Uber voucher more then a ice loaner or getting a Tesla owner. No need to worry about fueling up for the ICE, and no need to worry about any damage on the loaners. Only thing I don't like about the Uber was the day I had my Model 3 serviced and given the Uber voucher it was a snow storm, and the Uber pickup estimate came getting longer and longer. Ended up changing to Uber Select and that came much faster, almost didn't make it back to the SC to pickup my car because of the long wait for the pickup.

Can’t comment on Lawrence but Mississauga generally has Tesla loaners. I also learned that when you’re out of warranty that they will only give you a loaner if your service is expected to be more than 2.5 hrs. Keep that in mind when planning your day...although my services always seem to be more than 2.5 hours :(
This is also my experience even though I am still IN my warranty period (although it didn't use to be this way).

Yeah they had shown me their policy in Canada that stated that Model 3 owners are not to be given Tesla loaners unless they had several of them available or something like that. I was given an S once out of courtesy from the Service folks which was nice. I had some crappy rentals from Enterprise, one that basically told me the transmission was about to fail and I needed to pull over. It was an Audi A3. I haven't been there in a while but I do have a service appointment next week due to Autopilot camera failures after the 2019.50.5 and 50.7 updates. So I'll chime in again if I learn anything else new while I'm there.

Well, let's face it... we are more important!!!:p
Lol that's fine by me. i'd much prefer to Uber around than drive a clunky ICE car.

Here's the best loaner car I ever got at Lawrence - this was in May 2015 when I took my Model S in to get the summer tires put on for the first time.
49340272633_9f401dbcc2.jpg

Service called and asked to move my appointment up to tomorrow which is great. But they let me know without me asking that they will not be providing me Uber credits to leave. I'm likely going to have to eat the cost myself to get to work and back while the Autopilot cameras get recalibrated.

Seems strange to me for this instance because this is an issue that Tesla knew was going to happen after these firmware updates hit my car but didn't give me or the other owners impacted by it a heads up. Tesla support acknowledged that they have a list of owners to contact to get this resolved but haven't reached out to any of them yet.