Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you get loaner car when dropping off car for service at Toronto Lawrence service location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service called and asked to move my appointment up to tomorrow which is great. But they let me know without me asking that they will not be providing me Uber credits to leave. I'm likely going to have to eat the cost myself to get to work and back while the Autopilot cameras get recalibrated.

Seems strange to me for this instance because this is an issue that Tesla knew was going to happen after these firmware updates hit my car but didn't give me or the other owners impacted by it a heads up. Tesla support acknowledged that they have a list of owners to contact to get this resolved but haven't reached out to any of them yet.

What is the problem with the cameras that SC is supposed to contact customers about?

What is the problem with the cameras that SC is supposed to contact customers about?
The front camera pitch angle needs to be adjusted. This doesn't affect everyone and I'm still uncertain as to what the deciding metric is. I received 2019.50.5 and my Autopilot functionality just died right away citing a message saying that my cameras require adjustment and to visit a service center. I called Tesla support and the rep let slip they have a list of people to contact to get their cameras adjusted, he checked it and my name/car was on it. He told me I had to go to the SvC to fix this and that they will be contacting the rest of the people who need this done at a later date.

The nearest appointment was two weeks away so I was living without AP. Suddenly, it started working one day but only on highways. After receiving 2019.50.7, it died again for good. Luckily Tesla Service called me yesterday asking if I would be able to come in today which I happily obliged to. My car is still in the AP calibration period.

• Informative
Reactions: Pilot7478
Did you guys do your tire swaps at Lawrence location? What the procedure and how long does it take if so?

When we were picking up our M3 the guy was encouraging us to do tire swaps elsewhere which I am not really comfortable with so I still on our allseasons )
Lots of places understand Tesla's special needs. Kal Tire is a good one to use

I know but they didn't even reply to me. Anyway I would prefer Tesla SC. I always service my cars at dealers.
They don't do tire swaps. I had heard this but arranged to bring mine in anyways because I was getting other stuff done. Apparently, they texted my home phone (fail) to tell me not to but did it for me anyways since I had brought them and obviously didn't get the message. Swaps require hoist time which they have to schedule.

• Informative
Reactions: Kappelan
My experience lately at Lawrence is that they send you a txt message the night before with the stall number of the loaner you can use (with Plate etc) - and info. on how to fill in the loaner paperwork. A very straightforward process.