Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do You Have a Smartphone?

Do you have a SmartPhone??

• Yes--an iPhone

Votes: 79 50.6%
  • Yes--an Android phone

Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Yes--a Windows phone

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Yes--an "Other" phone

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • No--I do not have a smartphone

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone in another thread indicated he thought more than half of the TMC users probably had an iPhone. I wondered if that were the case.

1. Yes I have an iPhone

2. Yes I have an Android phone

3. Yes I have a Windows phone

4. Yes I have an "Other" smartphone

5. No I do not have a smartphone

Well, I had a very basic dumb phone, and the iPad was my link to the LEAF. But, after the Tesla arrived, I had to join the 21st century - Android.

I'm not much further ahead of you. I still have the first brick cellphone, the first smartphone with internet that was a brick, and the first cellphone that had 3G/camera/video/internet/gps (never turned GPS on). The new phones seem so delicate and snoopy. I try to by things that will stand the test of time. I think the Model S fits that category too.

I voted "Yes. I have a windows phone". However, I don't have a subscription service so I can't make phone calls... I use it with wi-fi just to access the Tesla app. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate and hate monthly bills... just use a $100/year cheap Go phone for occasional calls while on the road.

If it's of interest, I'm constantly surprised by the demographic information I get on my website, which obviously only caters to Model S owners.

In terms of browser:

Safari - 40%
Chrome - 28%
Firefox - 13%
IE - 10%

In terms of device:

PC/Laptop - 65%
Tablet - 23%
Mobile - 11%

Breaking down the devices for tablet and mobile:

iPad - 63%
iPhone - 25%
Nexus 7 - 1%

So it's very clear that we have a strong slant towards Apple users in general, and from a mobile point of view, the vast majority are iOS, at least based on my experience.