Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have a tow hitch on your Tesla Model S - TorkLift or Uhaul?

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Doing some reading on tow hitch options for the 2012 to 2021 Tesla Model S and found these two

1. Uhaul Tow Hitch: Trailer Hitches & Towing Accessories
- here's the install video for this hitch -

2. TorkLift Hitch: 2012-2021 Tesla Model S EcoHitch Stealth

Both seem decent and I've read threads on here where some folks have the TorkLift hitch. Haven't seen anyone that has the UHaul hitch.

Which hitch do you have (assuming ofcourse you have a hitch on your S).

The price difference is night and day between the two - the TorkLift is $427.99 vs $219.99 and I can't help but wonder you're getting what you're paying for, or is the TorkLift hitch just absurdly more expensive?

Reactions: Tezzie

Dare

Chairs are underappreciated
Jan 10, 2020
Florida
I can’t speak for the Uhaul hitch but I had the Torklift installed on my 2017 MS. Very clean install done by Miami Hitches.

Honestly I have no idea why it’s more expensive but they had experience working with Teslas which was more important to me than price. But it looks like Uhaul offers a similar product for less.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezzie and SilverGS

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I have the TorkLift. Installed it myself and it works awesome. Can’t speak to the Uhaul hitch, but I have used their hitches on other cars before with good success.
I can’t speak for the Uhaul hitch but I had the Torklift installed on my 2017 MS. Very clean install done by Miami Hitches.

Honestly I have no idea why it’s more expensive but they had experience working with Teslas which was more important to me than price. But it looks like Uhaul offers a similar product for less.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

docbrown

Jun 7, 2018
Austin, TX
I have the Torklift that I installed myself. For me it's worth the extra cost to have the removable receiver. The hitch receiver doesn't really go with the sleek, sporty, aerodynamic look of the car. I also got the magnetic cover, and 99% of the time driving it's without the hitch receiver installed.

Reactions: Tezzie and SilverGS

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I have the Torklift that I installed myself. For me it's worth the extra cost to have the removable receiver. The hitch receiver doesn't really go with the sleek, sporty, aerodynamic look of the car. I also got the magnetic cover, and 99% of the time driving it's without the hitch receiver installed.
Thanks for the feedback!!

Link to the magnetic cover please? Had no idea such a thing existed and this is what has been holding me back so far.

KArnold

May 21, 2017
Columbus OH
Anyone have a TorkLift installed by a 3rd party? I don't want to install my own. U-Haul says they will install their brand but I'm sure I'd be their first anyway.

Tezzie

Aug 16, 2018
Southern California
Torklift has fantastic customer service--they referred me to a guy who'll install the hitch at my house! The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is that a slot has to be cut out of the inside of the bumper to accommodate the hitch receiver. Modifications to the OEM usually affect resale value.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC