Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have problems with Spotify? I can't play some songs (amongst other issues)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have reached out to Spotify about these, but anyways:

My two main issues:

1) If I am listening to Spotify on my MacBook, then when I go to my Tesla, the playlist re-orders itself and may thus repeat songs I just listened to on the Macbook

2) I straight up can't play select songs. Am curious if others are affected? Please let me know! It's bizarre: Two examples of songs that refuse to play for me are: Text Book by Lana Del Ray and Overwhelmed by Royal & The Serpent

yeah, thanks for posting this. I have the same experience. Also, searching for songs has resulted no results sometimes lately.. never happened before. I thought it was a MCU1 thing.. doesn't happen on my new vehicles

I already have reached out to Spotify about these, but anyways:

My two main issues:

1) If I am listening to Spotify on my MacBook, then when I go to my Tesla, the playlist re-orders itself and may thus repeat songs I just listened to on the Macbook

2) I straight up can't play select songs. Am curious if others are affected? Please let me know! It's bizarre: Two examples of songs that refuse to play for me are: Text Book by Lana Del Ray and Overwhelmed by Royal & The Serpent
I can play both those songs but for me it's some other songs I can't play. Seems like a cache error or something like that.

I have a strange Spotify issue that's not mentioned above. I've noticed a few songs in my different playlist are garbled/skip the first few seconds of the song. When I play the same playlist and song from another device, the song is fine. It's like the Tesla computer keeps the song in a cache and it repeats the skipped part of the song. Is there any way to "refresh" the playlists so this can be corrected?

yeah, thanks for posting this. I have the same experience. Also, searching for songs has resulted no results sometimes lately.. never happened before. I thought it was a MCU1 thing.. doesn't happen on my new vehicles
I know it's annoying but Everytime when a track gets messed up I'll factory reset my cat and will fix the broken track.. it's definitely not a Spotify issue and totally a MCU1 issue. Because it will happen to a different song later from my playlist seemingly totally at random like cache for that song gets corrupt. I even did the recall for the tegra processor and storage swap/upgrade and I still had some issues.. well at first, I think after a while got better, if ever I had an issue though I just wiped everything. I just did the infotainment upgrade though because of other issues (compass, screen liquid leaking out, screen sometimes not turning on..) and I'm just loving how smooth and fast it is. Music loads so much faster and I feel like even sounds better with the emersive sound I figure must be due to better sound processing. I love my music and upgrade was so worth... I'm hoping I never need to factory reset again for something as stupid as a song not playing or getting stuck and needing to skip past the messed up song in my play list.

When I have the endless loading, how do I reset?

When I run into this problem (which is almost every other day), I just hold down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen turns off. Then wait for the car to boot back up and connect to the cell network. Is starting to get really annoying, adds ~4 minutes to the start of my trips when it happens.

Having various issues with corrupted songs, certain songs will never play from Spotify. I have logged out of my account, then held the steering wheel buttons until it rebooted and logged back in and the same songs will be corrupted, and never play. They play fine from any other device with the same account. Is there a specific way to reboot to get it to clear this stored cache?

When I had MCU1, I would have the problem not being able to play certain songs. Using Spotify in general was problematic as it would often crash all the audio in the car (including AP and turn signal sounds). These issues were resolved when I upgraded to MCU2.

Right now I'm having a problem with two cars when I'm playing any artist's "radio," the current track name and album art doesn't update when the next song is played. It only updates when I hit the track forward/prev buttons.

Having various issues with corrupted songs, certain songs will never play from Spotify. I have logged out of my account, then held the steering wheel buttons until it rebooted and logged back in and the same songs will be corrupted, and never play. They play fine from any other device with the same account. Is there a specific way to reboot to get it to clear this stored cache?
Having this problem with a growing list of songs. It seems like it’s maybe songs that didn’t load properly once and then can never play again. I’ve done hard resets, logged out of my Spotify, etc. Can’t get anything to work. Doesn’t matter if I select from a search, use voice command, a playlist, whatever. Obviously the songs play just fine from Spotify on my phone/computer.

Having this problem with a growing list of songs. It seems like it’s maybe songs that didn’t load properly once and then can never play again. I’ve done hard resets, logged out of my Spotify, etc. Can’t get anything to work. Doesn’t matter if I select from a search, use voice command, a playlist, whatever. Obviously the songs play just fine from Spotify on my phone/computer.
I have a brand new model s, premium Spotify account and only one playlist called ‘RSH Playlist 1’, ~180 songs. Works fine on iPhone, iPad, but in my Tesla I can see the name of my playlist, but it has no songs. It’s been that way three days. :(