Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have to pay before delivery using ACH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you have to pay before delivery to use Plaid ACH? I'm taking delivery today at my house after inspecting the car at the Fremont factory yesterday and noticed some defects that they said they'll fix.

I have no issues with connecting to plaid and it's setup but I don't want to take delivery if there are issues. I could get a cashier's check but I'd rather not waste the time at the bank.

As a word of advice, if you are in the Bay Area, go to the factory and inspect the car if you can and insist on going. I looked at all the different cars and there were definitely variations in quality. The good thing is at the factory, they can take it back in and fix it.

Was that a recent delivery? Looks like they're being difficult about this now - beware

Perhaps thats because you are getting a vehicle delivery to your house, and that sometimes is done by third party truck drivers and sometimes isnt.

I absolutely would never (ever ever ever) get a tesla delivered to my home unless pickup was absolutely no other option. With a vehicle pickup, in CA at least, you can absolutely withhold payment until you at least physically see the outside of the vehicle.

Most locations will let you see the inside as well but not drive it. With vehicle delivery, all bets are off, as in some cases you own the car before delivery because its being delivered by a third party.

If this is what you want, you should be picking the car up at a delivery center. If they are not offering that for some reason for someone in CA, THEN you should be able to push for "I either want pickup at a delivery center, or not to pay for it until its dropped off since you are not letting me pick up at a delivery center."