Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you "miss" the Energy Graph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't need it.

But, as an engineer, I WANT it With all the Tesla engineers driving Model 3, I can not believe it hasn't happened yet....

Agreed. Energy graph is not needed. It is nice to have... ok... Also as an engineer, I WANT it too! =)

It is nice to have the option to see more details on range, consumption, and ways to encourage efficient driving. We don't always have to see the map and the energy graph can be added there as a swipe-able option. Alternatively it can be an extra card next to wiper control/tire pressure/odometer.

Not being a current S/X owner, but a frequent passenger of them, I can already tell I'll miss this.

Somewhat related, I wonder if anyone has ever proposed being able to "skin" the Model 3 display as a feature for tech-savvy drivers, perhaps as a part of the driver profile. Personally, I'm not a huge fan boring Helvetica fonts, all the wasted space (who needs that enormous car icon that only has a few buttons on it?), etc. Obviously, drivers should be able to share their skins with others, and Tesla would benefit from some free development to improve the UI.

They would probably have to spend too much time approving custom skins to ensure they meet safety standards (or the appearance of safety).

I’m still waiting for my Model 3; does the current firmware version still not have the equivalent of the S/X energy usage graph?

If so, I’m surprised Tesla has not implemented it yet. I have found it useful over my nearly 5 years of Tesla ownership. I would think it would not be difficult for Tesla to include in the 3 since they have the code already; tweak some parameters and add it to the 3 firmware.
I'm with you, I really like it for road trips. Makes optimizing your drive quite easy.