Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you park your Tesla in a garage?

Do you have a garage to park your Tesla?

• Yes.

Votes: 82 84.5%
  • No.

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Other, explain in comment.

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had a little problem with a Tesla Ranger visit here in Newfoundland. The ranger needed to replace the silver trim piece that houses the reverse tail lights to fix a moisture issue a a few other minor things. Unfortunately, jut before the ranger called, the Montreal service centre called to confirm the visit. Mentioned that we do not have a garage and keep our Model S in the driveway. The work could not be done outside as the car needed to be in a dry location and at room temperature.

We recommended a local EV service garage and gave them the contact info. Tesla later called back saying that the garage wanted a small fee for doing the repair and Tesla would not be able to pay for it. Pretty disappointing that they wouldn't cover a little tiny fee to use a garage space to complete the work. We insisted that we wouldn't be paying for it and they said fine we'll figure it out.

Anyways they found a local garage space they could use that the ranger told us was free... I understand your trying to save money in a relatively small company but come on... At the end of the day, all problems fixed and the ranger even fixed things we didn't even know about so all in all it was a good experience.

My question is... anyone else have this issue? I assume most people who have a Tesla have a garage to park it in but wondering about many are in the same boat as us!?

I've never had this issue. I've only had two Ranger services in almost two years--one while on vacation when the Ranger flew up and fixed the car outside (it could have been put inside had there been inclement weather), and one where they did the work in the office underground parking lot (I'm not sure I would have wanted to work there given the volume of traffic in that parking lot).

I really don't feel that this is Tesla's problem. They advised you that the repair had to be done indoors...obviously, if you were located near a Service Center, this would not be an issue...I think Tesla did try to work with you, and in the end, did find a work around.

When I have a ranger come down to do work on my cars, I arrange an indoor space (at my expense) for him to work...the expense is minimal, and the goodwill from the Ranger immeasurable. ..

Can drive it into our warehouse at work. Heated. We even have a lift, though Tesla has never used it.

The Montreal Service Center really prefers bringing the car in for service though. For example they told me that "tank mode" has to be done at the service center, even though I know it's been done out west in Ranger mode, when a lift was available. My trunk latch failed and they're taking it to Montreal to fix it.

Well, I have an attached garage at my house, but it certainly wouldn't be suitable for a Ranger to work in. Just enough room for me to open the door and get out if I pull in close to the right, and the garage door comes down about 6" from the rear bumper.

I park in an attached garage to my house. Garage is semi insulated, not heated, and does get below freezing. Although it is a 2 car garage, it is a tight fit the length of the car.
Never had to use the ranger service yet. Normally drop the car off to the Mississauga SC, or they will pick it up at my work which is very close to them.