Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you pay for Premium Connectivity? If so, why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you get all that stuff if you use your phones hotspot and have the WiFi on while driving?

As @UncleCreepy mentioned, as soon as you shift from Park gear, wifi is automatically turned off but you can then still able to click on the LTE icon to switch to your wifi hotspot manually.

You still cannot enjoy:

1) Live Traffic-Visualization
2) Satelite-view maps

But you can still enjoy others such as web browser.

• Informative
Reactions: ahcpa
My free year is up. I am not driving much now due to Covid and just wondered if I need it.

Thanks

its worth it in australia because our signal is so *sugar* you struggle to stream from your phone whereas the car has very strong antennas.
the sattelite view is cool but gimmicky and tbh at night you dont even use it.

it seems to mainly a lazy switch for ppl who dont want to set up tether every time.
i dont really think its currently worth it unless it would be bunled with a spotify premium account.

I got it for the traffic when doing a long trip and just kept it (lazy I guess). Have driven to Idaho and to Austin Tx from Los Angeles area, and enjoyed it. We took the wife's RDX to Austin this last time and it saved us hours in driving and we were able to choose a better route. Lane keep assist was better than nothing in the RDX, but not nearly as good as the Tesla's.