Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by nwdiver, Jan 21, 2016.
But you could end up with getting VIN 100,000 if you don't reserve one early.
Exactly - VIN100,000 in 2019.
If that happened I would be in a CPO Model S for sure
I think No... I'll wait for a used or CPO car covers that well enough. Think of it as No... I'll wait for a used or CPO car or a new one with a higher VIN.
I hope the M3 is a compelling car and I may be happy to get one. But after sitting on a Model X reservation for nearly 2 years I think I'm really not a "car reservation" kind of guy. I went through the Nissan reservation stuff too with LEAF in 2010/2011, and when they seemed intent on screwing that process up, I gave up and canceled. I waited another 9 months or so and was able to simply walk into a dealer and drive one home. I think that will be my approach from here on out -- i.e., I think I'd prefer to wait until they've made enough that people don't have to get on a waiting list.
It will depend on 1) The condition of the Leaf, and 2) what shape my finances are in. I won't be replacing my Model S with a Model 3 unless there is some terrible problem (which I don't anticipate).
Tesla Model 3 To Be Unveiled On March 31st http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-debuts-march-31st-higher-options-cars-made-first/
So now the question is - do I head down to the Tesla store on 3/31 and it my deposit down in person before I see however much Elon is going to reveal, or do I sit until the following day and do it on line?
I will be at the NYC store at opening on the 31st...eyes wide open, willing to take the risk of being early in line.
Elon announced this morning the deposit would be only $1000. So why not?
Natick opens at 10. See you there.
With the deposit being only $1000 I can see a lot of people reserving one whether they need it or not just to save a spot in line. I will likely encourage friends and family members to reserve one, but I can't see reserving one for myself unless there's something compelling about it besides the starting price. My Model X won't even be delivered by then, and I see no reason I'd want to trade it in for a small sedan in less than 2 years.
Would I consider getting a Model 3? Of course. Will I reserve one? Absolutely not.
I have a rule of not getting in line for or buying a car that I haven't driven... plus, I'd rather wait a year or two for them to shake out any production/design issues. I may pick up a Model 3 toward the end of 2019, I may pick up a second Model S, I may get something completely different, or I may just keep our spare car as is rather than replacing it. There are too many unknowns at this point to bother speculating as to what the preferable option will be, so I'll just kick back and enjoy the 70D while I wait.
Where's the option that says, "Yes, because I want to make a profit reselling it."?
Yep. After talking it over, my wife and I will be there. One of my colleagues at work might want me to pick him up on the way and another is thinking of making the trip himself. Natick is about an hour from my house and I hope I don't jinx things driving my 14 year old Camry there....