TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Do you regret buying your Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by nickt, Jul 9, 2016.

?

What's the state of current bugs/issues with Model X?

1. My Model X works great. No door issues, etc.

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. I have some problems with falcon wing doors or 2nd row but still love my car

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. I need Tesla to fix issues with my Model X once and for all. Getting frustrated

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. I'm holding off on buying until these problems are fixed

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. I regret buying a Model X due to mechanical or other issues with seats or doors

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. nickt

nickt Member

Hi all, I've owned a Model S that I love, and had a Model X on order since January 2013. I have been postponing taking delivery until I see clear feedback that Tesla has fixed a few of the more serious design flaws. I was wondering what other people think?

2. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

Personally, I don't like the Model X at all. I don't know what the fuss is all about.
    I love my Model S as I think its a nicer looking car and has a lot more cargo space, which it does.
    The Model X is ok for carrying passengers but certainly not a good car for lots of Cargo. The Model S can hold more.
    The rear seats behind the driver don't fold flat, hence a loss of prime real estate. Hello Tesla, what?

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I've got issues with my X, but after taking 5 people on a recent trip with loads of luggage, camping chairs, cooler, pillows, etc., I can say that the X has more (but less flexible) cargo space than the S. My S would have fit the 5 of us and the luggage, but not nearly as comfortably.

Day to day, I prefer driving my S. But on road trips with standard cargo, the X is a better choice.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

I've had my X for almost two weeks and haven't had any issues whatsoever. (Knock on wood)
    I absolutely love this car.

• Like x 1
  5. electricity

electricity Member

My only issue is the double vision on windshield. Thats it. Best car ever made by very far. Model S is great but not as confortable and the large windshield and fwd are a dream.

6. gfb107

gfb107 Member

For tall people the Modlel X is far superior to the Model S. So much easier to enter and exit. Much more head room in the first and second rows. Great visibility with the huge windshield. Just very comfortable.

Model S was not a viable option for me.

Model X is not the perfect CUV. I don't believe there is such a thing. But it is VERY good, and there really is no alternative if pure electric is important to you. .

• Like x 3
  7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Ask me after Autopilot 2.0 is released. The prototype X had dual cameras and my car has space for a second so…

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I love my X but not the need for Service Center visits. Loaner Model S cars make me appreciate the X for its spaciousness, comfortable seats, and yes, power doors including FWD's.

• Like x 1
  9. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

My X is in the service center for a spoiler issue. I have otherwise had no significant complaints.

Driving a loaner S, I recall comments made by a Porsche engineer saying that the seats suck. Either the seats in the X are significantly better and the Porsche engineer is right, or my memory is really really faulty. The loaner is an early model P85.

I miss the auto open and auto close doors. I miss the anchored floormats (the loaner floormats are folded up in the front). I miss the higher resolution rear camera. I miss the FWD when having to load the kids in the back... Kinda miss the pano windshield... I think I miss my tinted windows the most!

I will say that the S looks much sexier in the garage, and when my wife drives it she doesn't feel like a soccer mom. The X really does drive similarly to the X.

So no, I have no regrets except for those which typically occur once you start a family and have kids, and say good bye to all those things you wish you had but could not afford before you had the kids....

10. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

My X is a great road trip vehicle. We've enjoyed multiple 400-500 mile round trips with 4 or 5 people and the family dog, plus short drives with 6 or 7 people. Seats, headroom, windshield, doors, autopilot and D are all more functional than on my S85. I had a few mostly cosmetic issues and some wind noise but Tesla fixed everything.

My biggest disappointment with the X is that it made my March 2013 S feel old. Something I never felt until March 30 when we picked up the X, thanks to the S's great driving feel and regular firmware updates.