Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I like my silver. All my cars have been silver since 2001. Honestly, I kind of like that it blends in. My neighbors didn't even realize I had a new car for 6 months, since my old car was the same color and size, and also plugged in, a Volt.

Same thought process and history with gray/silver myself. Always with black interior - except this time, as I went with white.

Reactions: KenC

Petermcg

Sep 26, 2018
Apex, NC
My June 2019 Midnight Silver Metallic (come on, it's gray) with the black interior still works for me. I like that it has bluish shading in it. But I still would have liked a broader range of colors to choose from, for both the interior and exterior.

Reactions: jerseygirl18

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
My June 2019 Midnight Silver Metallic (come on, it's gray) with the black interior still works for me. I like that it has bluish shading in it. But I still would have liked a broader range of colors to choose from, for both the interior and exterior.

Yeah, it's really "Medium Gray Metallic" or "Galaxy Gray Metallic"...

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Just to answer. I have bought mostly red cars. I do want a blue but Tesla blue is a little too dark for me so went with may old standby. Also don't like black interior and the white is a killer to me.

IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0525.jpeg

Mar 5, 2016
SoCal
if I could go back, I would pick the default color and wrap the car in any color I want. Tesla charges $1000+ for paint, a full wrap is ~$2500, so for $1500 extra I could protect my car from minor rock chips, scratches, etc.

Zfactor

Jul 31, 2019
Wellington
I just ordered a blue Tesla 3 as a surprise gift for my wife. I am confident that she will fall in love with the car. But having panic attacks about the colour choice. How does blue exterior look in grey skies and dull evenings? Not a lot of blue skies and sun in Wellington am afraid.

vww12x

Feb 22, 2014
Houston, TX
Yes, mine is the Deep Blue, if I can choose again I will pick Pearl White, Red, or Silver

I just feel the blue is a bit too dark unless under bright sunlight, if it were a shade or two lighter than it is now I would be much happier with it.

vww12x

Feb 22, 2014
Houston, TX
I just ordered a blue Tesla 3 as a surprise gift for my wife. I am confident that she will fall in love with the car. But having panic attacks about the colour choice. How does blue exterior look in grey skies and dull evenings? Not a lot of blue skies and sun in Wellington am afraid.

I'm in Texas and unless it's under direct summer sunlight it a pretty dark blue. Definitely darker looking than the website suggested.

Bill Foster

I'm going home!
Mar 6, 2019
Nashville
I like my MSM, but if white was free when I bought it, I would have gone with that.

always have loved white cars. Prob would have gone with the poverty 18’s then too

Dr. J

Aug 23, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
It's dark, but great looking. The blue changes with light intensity, but it's never bad, IMO.

TMThree

Mar 28, 2019
USA
Be careful with wanting the silver shown prior to the model 3 release. The silver used is much more metallic/chrome than the silver customers were able to buy.

The prototype silver is amazing.

Tesla-Model-3-Silver-San-Fran.png

Compare to actual silver:

20190306_150228.jpg

Last edited:

MexiCanuck

May 7, 2019
Vancouver Island
Be careful with wanting the silver shown prior to the model 3 release. The silver used is much more metallic/chrome than the silver customers were able to buy.

The prototype silver is amazing.

View attachment 436417

I have red on white and I’m very happy with my choice.

But that prototype silver is amazing. It reminds me of the molten metal of the terminator in Terminator 2. I expect it to morph into something else.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC