Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful with wanting the silver shown prior to the model 3 release. The silver used is much more metallic/chrome than the silver customers were able to buy.

The prototype silver is amazing.

View attachment 436417

Compare to actual silver:

View attachment 436418

Wow, what a misrepresentation by Tesla. Reminds me of their current misrepresentation “Your car will come to you anywhere in a parking lot - Really”. Not!

• Disagree
Reactions: cizUK
It's not a misrepresentation. They never said we'd get that version of silver. It's just that the prototype had an amazing silver.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the correction. My current example, is a misrepresentation, however.

17D76866-E772-4172-A406-D8041B9B1484.png

Reactions: cizUK
I have the pearl white with black interior, live in a hot area (temps get 90-100+ range during summer) and don't regret it for a minute. I have full PPF and ceramic on the car and where the edges aren't fully wrapped it honestly doesn't bother me and I don't think looks bad at all--get the car washed periodically at a waterless car wash service. During the winter rainy season the rain tends to keep the car looking pretty dirt free surprisingly, thought being white it would look dirty all the time.

I like the car dark inside (ie the black absorbs alot of the reflected light) and also have the Tesla sun shade in the front roof area. Purchased one for our MS with pano roof to keep the bugs out and just like the darker interior effect so just added it to my Model 3. Since my car sits in the driveway/sun added a SolarShield for the front windshield mostly to protect the dash and wood section and have noticed with Cabin Overheat Protection on it doesn't seem to get triggered as often with it on so think it helps cut dowm some of the interior heat.

I like the white and black contrast. First white car ever and was a bit hesitant to settle on it rather than red, but now I've lived with it for almost a year, just really love it. It's a great car anyway but no regrets getting it.

Reactions: john85775
I am likely the minority here but I regret purchasing the white. It’s not that white is a bad color (actually absent color) and living in the desert of So Cal it does help keep it cooler. It’s just so boring! Not only that but I spent another 5k or so wrapping the entire car in PPF only to realize that aside from actual protection, it does nothing else for the car. I saw some PPF on blue and red Teslas with ceramic coat and they looked stunning.

So yes, it’s mostly opinion but white is boring. Choose a color that fits your character!

I am likely the minority here but I regret purchasing the white. It’s not that white is a bad color (actually absent color) and living in the desert of So Cal it does help keep it cooler. It’s just so boring! Not only that but I spent another 5k or so wrapping the entire car in PPF only to realize that aside from actual protection, it does nothing else for the car. I saw some PPF on blue and red Teslas with ceramic coat and they looked stunning.

So yes, it’s mostly opinion but white is boring. Choose a color that fits your character!

Actually/Technically, white is not "absent color," but rather all colors. It is black that is "absent color".

Happy. In January 2013 I was ready to buy a Model S. Wanted red. Of course Sig Red not available to me. Since Elon had not yet found 'a red that did not suck' (...yes, direct quote), I had to wait to February to see a color sample of the Multi-Coat Red and May for delivery. Last September I sold the 2013 Multi-Coat Red S and got a 2018 P3D+...still love the color.

Initially, I wanted Dark Blue Metallic, but thought it might not be as practical as Metallic Silver (my second choice) as far a hiding dust and dirt. When I actually saw the two colors, I actually preferred the Silver. However, since Tesla dropped the Silver before I got my car, I ended up with my original choice of Blue. I don't regret getting Blue and friends have commented how beautiful it is. The one color choice I may have reconsidered if I had the opportunity is with the seats. I went with black, but the white seats along with the blue paint are a stunning combination.

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3