Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Black Model 3 because it was no charge, but I wanted Pearl White at the time. Surprisingly, I've grown to like my Black Model 3. It look sleek and elegant.

Now, I am waiting on a Pearl White Model X, again since it's no charge for the paint.

I am looking for a reason to cancel the Pearl White X - and get Black.

Why should I change my mind?

View attachment 452452

I love looking at black cars.

EDIT: OTHER peoples black cars :)

Super happy with my Pearl white multi-coat. Wasn't sure how I would feel about it since I had never had a white car before. Thought it would look dirty all the time (doesn't), that I'd get bored since it "wasn't a real color" (not bored still love it with the little sparkle to it). It's easier to spot on the road at night without street lights even probably from cars with tinted windows. It's been a nice change of pace. Have mine with black interior and like the two tone look of the car with the little blink of the chrome handles and silver wheels. It's funny that the black interior use to be all over but now here in the SF Bay area I think I see more cars with white interior...the new black!

I kind of regret getting blue a little bit... but only because I sort of wish I was walking over to a red Model 3 a lot of the time. BUT, then the sun catches the blue just right and I absolutely know it was the correct choice.

To me both blue & red are some of the best colors I’ve seen offered and also some rather disappointing ones. I always wish the blue was a bit more vibrant unless it’s between like 3 and 5pm and it’s catching the softer but still bright light. The red a lot of times almost looks too flat and “blown out” or over exposed. Maybe it needs some more metal flake to make it sparkle or glow in direct mid day sun? At other times it’s this liquid rich red color...

I see pictures here of the MSM that look better then the best of the blue or the red, but those are far and few between. 95% of the time MSM looks way too dark in my book and almost towards a black color...

The white interior on the other hand I’m constantly happy with!

I kind of regret getting blue a little bit... but only because I sort of wish I was walking over to a red Model 3 a lot of the time. BUT, then the sun catches the blue just right and I absolutely know it was the correct choice.

To me both blue & red are some of the best colors I’ve seen offered and also some rather disappointing ones. I always wish the blue was a bit more vibrant unless it’s between like 3 and 5pm and it’s catching the softer but still bright light. The red a lot of times almost looks too flat and “blown out” or over exposed. Maybe it needs some more metal flake to make it sparkle or glow in direct mid day sun? At other times it’s this liquid rich red color...

I see pictures here of the MSM that look better then the best of the blue or the red, but those are far and few between. 95% of the time MSM looks way too dark in my book and almost towards a black color...

The white interior on the other hand I’m constantly happy with!

+1 for MSM :D
CA6EE902-0041-4720-9578-3E55D7925D56.jpeg

And you’re specifically the one that has posted some amazing pictures... but a YouTube/google search shows most of the pictures don’t look near as good...

Honestly the one you posted isn’t the stellar one... do you have one from an above angle?
Yeah, those are from my drone and they are on my laptop, not my phone (which I have in hand now). I think four coats of ceramic make all the difference with MSM.

What's between white and black? Midnight Silver Metallic! They teach this stuff in grade school. I remember it well.

On a more serious note, I guess "Gray" sounds bland. "midnight silver" has the connotation of it being a dark silver = gray, so marketing guys went that route.

Problem is, when people are calling it silver (I've seen it referenced as such multiple times) then we run into the issue that no one knows what anyone is talking about.
MSM is between silver, blue & black.

Ugh!! I want to order my 1st M3 but can't decide on the paint color. Either white with black interior or black with black interior. I'm afraid the white would look too boring? What do you guys think? FYI, I'd get the 18" rims but take the frisbee's off.

I regret my color choice every time I see another model 3. Then I look back and mine and remember I made the right choice, but then I look at another car and... but MSM is my favorite overall so I am happy. ;)
Ugh!! I want to order my 1st M3 but can't decide on the paint color. Either white with black interior or black with black interior. I'm afraid the white would look too boring? What do you guys think? FYI, I'd get the 18" rims but take the frisbee's off.
White with black chrome delete looks really good, especially with darker tint.

White is much easier to care for and looks great on the M3! This is coming from a guy who always has black or charcoal colored cars.

Reactions: EVMeister