Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you regret your color choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I LOVE and have always prefered SILVER cars. Got my TM3 AWD with Black seats, but would have loved white interior. Sadly it was not available in mid June 2018 when I closed my order. I don't feel like I need to do a chrome delete as it blends best with silver, so that saves me some $$$. I did get the front and rear wrapped in 3M PPF to protect the paint, and also tinted the windows with 3M Crystaline.
Pic is below and HERE is a link to some improvements I am making to the ride...

GHFA5IS.jpg

Personally I LOVE and have always prefered SILVER cars. Got my TM3 AWD with Black seats, but would have loved white interior. Sadly it was not available in mid June 2018 when I closed my order. I don't feel like I need to do a chrome delete as it blends best with silver, so that saves me some $$$. I did get the front and rear wrapped in 3M PPF to protect the paint, and also tinted the windows with 3M Crystaline.
Pic is below and HERE is a link to some improvements I am making to the ride...

GHFA5IS.jpg

Nice. I moved from NJ (Carlstadt) in 1989. Might that park in the background be Leonia?

I ordered a white 3 with white interior. I’ve had a lot of cars in all colors (some Two-Tone). This combo reminds me of a 1972 Olds 4-4-2 I once had with white bucket seats....only better.
I still have the aero hubs on because I think they are so cool.
I gave this a lot of thought before I ordered, so I have no regrets at all.
It’s a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I miss the light silver which not available since last summer 2018. I think it's the best color for any car.

My brother in law agrees. I was showing him my TotalTesla app and he was scrolling through the gallery of cars and came across one of the silver cars (I forget if it was a Model 3 or an S). He was awestruck and announced this was the most beautiful car color he had ever seen! I sheepishly told him that color was discontinued and he couldn't believe it. He kept talking that color up and saying how he loved it. So certainly some others agree with you.

But from what I remember, Tesla has a policy of discontinuing any option (colors included) that fall below a 15% "take rate". We don't know how long they allow something to fall under that threshold before removing it (1 month? 1 quarter? 2 quarters?). But at some point, I guess silver fell below that magic (though arbitrary) take rate threshold.

I got the black because it was free and I felt I was already spending enough. I wish I had researched the paint a bit more though and discovered that the Tesla paint is a bit weak/thin. I would have gone with the Pearl White to get the multicoat and a cooler (temperature) car.

I got a Black Model 3 because it was no charge, but I wanted Pearl White at the time. Surprisingly, I've grown to like my Black Model 3. It look sleek and elegant.

Now, I am waiting on a Pearl White Model X, again since it's no charge for the paint.

I am looking for a reason to cancel the Pearl White X - and get Black.

Why should I change my mind?

20190119_121455.jpg

I got a Black Model 3 because it was no charge, but I wanted Pearl White at the time. Surprisingly, I've grown to like my Black Model 3. It look sleek and elegant.

Now, I am waiting on a Pearl White Model X, again since it's no charge for the paint.

I am looking for a reason to cancel the Pearl White X - and get Black.

Why should I change my mind?

View attachment 452452
Black X and 3 definitely my favorite. White is second favorite. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people even like blue the best:eek: