Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you see a person approaching the Yellow Divider? FSD did!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD did. And it took corrective action in time. Notice the right camera view, it is crossing the lane to avoid him (not blaming him, he was very careful not to cross the line).
Definitely happy.

However, like last time ( 2022.36.20 (FSD Beta) ran the red light today ), it still drives like a Texan, attempted to run a light for no reason once again today, I had to intervene (can't face the tough crowd here once again)

Like a true Texan, it ain't waiting for nobody when it's green for us (I had to intervene again)

FSD did. And it took corrective action in time. Notice the right camera view, it is crossing the lane to avoid him (not blaming him, he was very careful not to cross the line).
Definitely happy.

However, like last time ( 2022.36.20 (FSD Beta) ran the red light today ), it still drives like a Texan, attempted to run a light for no reason once again today, I had to intervene (can't face the tough crowd here once again)

Like a true Texan, it ain't waiting for nobody when it's green for us (I had to intervene again)

For the first video FSD responded but lane adjustment appeared to happen after passing the pedestrian.

I don't trust FSD with cross traffic similar to the last video. It frequently chokes on that scenario. Funny how release notes keep talking about sizeable kinematic improvements for cross flow traffic. One can test how inaccurate side camera target processing is by having a test subject walk in a straight diagnonal line adjacent to the vehicle and view the UI image jump all over. It's pretty pathetic.

Definitely happy.

Are all the yellow lights in your area set to 3 seconds? That's the minimum federal recommended time. In my area, yellow lights appear to be 4 seconds and that's what my car uses to decide whether to stop or continue. I think my car has only run a red light like this once, and it just barely missed the yellow.

Are all the yellow lights in your area set to 3 seconds? That's the minimum federal recommended time. In my area, yellow lights appear to be 4 seconds and that's what my car uses to decide whether to stop or continue. I think my car has only run a red light like this once, and it just barely missed the yellow.

The amount of time for the yellow light should be based on the speed limit of the road to give vehicles enough time to stop. For example, it should be much longer on an intersection with a 55 mph speed limit than one with a 25 mph speed limit.

The amount of time for the yellow light should be based on the speed limit of the road to give vehicles enough time to stop. For example, it should be much longer on an intersection with a 55 mph speed limit than one with a 25 mph speed limit.
Some jurisdictions got caught reducing the yellow light duration when they installed red light cameras so as to ensure enough revenue from the camera. The OP's video shows a three second yellow light. There is no indication of the speed limit, but given the type of road, it's likely to be 35-45 mph.