Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think Ford will touch HOV lane access?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The HOV lane the location is the left lane not meaning that it shall be the fastest lane . Ppl could drive HOV lane with the speed limit . It is totally different that drive leftist lane which fastest lane.

All lanes to the left are meant to be faster than the lane to the right. Obviously the HOV lane is meant to go faster that is the whole point. If your going slower why would you go in that lane? Its not a special lane to slow the flow of traffic.

All lanes to the left are meant to be faster than the lane to the right. Obviously the HOV lane is meant to go faster that is the whole point. If your going slower why would you go in that lane? Its not a special lane to slow the flow of traffic.
HOV lane does not have a special speed limit. It's the same. The benefit is less congestion so better flow. It's a pet peeve of mine that I get tailgated for not going 150.

Reactions: pcons and ZooSean
HOV lane does not have a special speed limit. It's the same. The benefit is less congestion so better flow. It's a pet peeve of mine that I get tailgated for not going 150.

Why not just move over and let people pass? Why is that so hard for people to do. When a car is approaching at greater speed than you are traveling and there is a lane to the right move over. This is the very fundamentals of learning to drive.

Your opinion does not matter to me. But matters to your self. Police here currently has zero tolerance while capture the ppl driving over speed.

That’s what I mean. Ppl doing things wrong even illegal argue they are doing right. Ppl follow the law seems to be blamed. Funny here.

Your opinion does not matter to me. But matters to your self. Police here currently has zero tolerance while capture the ppl driving over speed.

Then let them do their job and not and don't try and do it for them. Do not compound the problem by causing congestion and forcing people to merge to the right at speed. Making things worse is not in anyway a solution. I am so glad they just put signs on all the highways in BC saying you must move right and let people pass and will now ticket you if you don't.

Are you here in Toronto? HOV lane right side is double solid line, and we shall not across it.

There are plenty of places to get in and out of the HOV lane. No one is forcing you to go in and not go with the flow of traffic. Anyway I have said my bit. I believe the HOV is on borrowed time because in its current state it is has a negative impact on the environment.

Why not just move over and let people pass? Why is that so hard for people to do. When a car is approaching at greater speed than you are traveling and there is a lane to the right move over. This is the very fundamentals of learning to drive.

The HOV lane has solid lines. You can only dip out at certain points. It's not a speeding lane. The furthest left lane is the passing lane, the HOV is a separate entity.

Then let them do their job and not and don't try and do it for them. Do not compound the problem by causing congestion and forcing people to merge to the right at speed. Making things worse is not in anyway a solution. I am so glad they just put signs on all the highways in BC saying you must move right and let people pass and will now ticket you if you don't.

I pretty sure BC law does not mean to move to the right if you already drive at 120 Km and someone wants to drive 150km, and you shall move to the right for them.

Reactions: pcons
I concede right now you guys have the legal right to drive the way you do. The research and science is just not on your side. Speed limits should be raised, the HOV lane should be removed. Slow moving vehicles should be forced into the slower lanes. This would have a massive impact on the environment. What we want is everyone to get in the lane they are comfortable in and stay there. A single vehicle driving slowly has an incredible impact on congestion and in turn pollution.

• Informative
Reactions: dasRad
I concede right now you guys have the legal right to drive the way you do. The research and science is just not on your side. Speed limits should be raised, the HOV lane should be removed. Slow moving vehicles should be forced into the slower lanes. This would have a massive impact on the environment. What we want is everyone to get in the lane they are comfortable in and stay there. A single vehicle driving slowly has an incredible impact on congestion and in turn pollution.

Sorry people don’t have legal right to drive the way they do. If you drive 120km, may be not that fast as you think. But you could be caught with 200 fine and 3 merit points.

I pretty sure BC law does not mean to move to the right if you already drive at 120 Km and someone wants to drive 150km, and you shall move to the right for them.

Sure it does -

Driving in the left lane is not permitted unless a motorist is:

• overtaking and passing another vehicle
  • moving left to allow traffic to merge
  • preparing for a left hand turn
  • passing a stopped official vehicle displaying red, blue or yellow flashing lights (for example, police cars, ambulances, tow trucks, maintenance or construction vehicles). Remember to Slow Down and Move Over.
Edit to add - the law is passing or not passing. Not “going fast enough”.

Last edited:
Sorry people don’t have legal right to drive the way they do. If you drive 120km, may be not that fast as you think. But you could be caught with 200 fine and 3 merit points.

Considering the speed limit on BC highways can be 120 not sure how they could ticket or fine me. Again let the police do there job and you just drive in the lane you belong.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ZooSean
Sure it does -

Driving in the left lane is not permitted unless a motorist is:

• overtaking and passing another vehicle
  • moving left to allow traffic to merge
  • preparing for a left hand turn
  • passing a stopped official vehicle displaying red, blue or yellow flashing lights (for example, police cars, ambulances, tow trucks, maintenance or construction vehicles). Remember to Slow Down and Move Over.
Edit to add - the law is passing or not passing. Not “going fast enough”.

It's all about the flow of traffic. When all lanes are moving, and you are going below the flow (110-120kmh) in the HOV lane, you are being an a$$, plain and simple. If you want to go the speed limit, then stay in the right lane.

Considering the speed limit on BC highways can be 120 not sure how they could ticket or fine me. Again let the police do there job and you just drive in the lane you belong.

We are talking about HOV lanes. It is located left side not meaning the fastest / over pass lane. It is totally different concept.

People not nesssary required drive fastest in HOV even if all lanes are moving. The right side of HOV is the fastest lane if all traffic is moving.

Ppl like you guys have the wrong perception on HOV. That why I always see a single person iCe car driving at HOV with way over speed limit, when other lanes are moving.

One thing I notice in the GTA is the driving rule of (Fast left, slow right) is reversed. The person cruising at 100km/h is always... always in the far left lane and causes other people to zip into the center and back. To make matters worse - they're oblivious to moving to the right(center) lane when someone comes up on them. It's so frustrating!

Driver training in the GTA is a joke, people just drive willy nilly without following the right of way detailed in the MTO hand book and HTA. I have been cut off so many times at a All way stop / Flashing Red light, it's not even funny cause I could of been smoked (riding 250 Ninja).

I would love a law (and enforcement of it) that forces slow traffic to the right. But at last, such "war on cars" regulation would never pass under the current political climate. They're only now starting a pilot program to allow for lane splitting on Richmond (Downtown TO). What a joke, bikers who value their legs already do this on all roadways.