Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do You Think I will Get The New Upgrades On Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will get whatever is coming on them now (AMD processor, heated lower windshield, Lithium Ion 12V, etc). Anything you (may) get on top of that is just gravy. Teslas are constantly evolving, they dont really have a standard 2020, 2021, or 2022 model. I tried to document the changes in another thread, (still looking for input from others). Model Y changes over time.

(You have to scroll to the last post, TMC wont let you edit posts after a certain time, so I've had to update with new posts when I get input from others).

Reactions: MrFC1000 and mrmtb
New LR Y's are 6 months out, and Perf Y's are 3 months out. So, as a previous poster said, you will definitely get the current upgrades (processor, 12v battery, etc), but you may or may not get the next wave of upgrades like ventilated seats or new batteries (whether adding range or reducing cost). Either way, don't sweat it as it's an amazing vehicle with the current technology. I missed the newest goodies by days, and would love to have had them, but Tesla is doing this all the time and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to out-maneuver them on upgrades, and sometimes downgrades! I just sold my 2016 Model S after I received my 2022 LRY, and it's hard to believe how much better a vehicle this $55k Y was as compared to a $90k S just 5 years ago.

Reactions: HellsKitchen
New LR Y's are 6 months out, and Perf Y's are 3 months out. So, as a previous poster said, you will definitely get the current upgrades (processor, 12v battery, etc), but you may or may not get the next wave of upgrades like ventilated seats or new batteries (whether adding range or reducing cost). Either way, don't sweat it as it's an amazing vehicle with the current technology. I missed the newest goodies by days, and would love to have had them, but Tesla is doing this all the time and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to out-maneuver them on upgrades, and sometimes downgrades! I just sold my 2016 Model S after I received my 2022 LRY, and it's hard to believe how much better a vehicle this $55k Y was as compared to a $90k S just 5 years ago.
Ventilated Seats?

Where did you hear that MY was going to get Ventilated Seats?

Reactions: ord3r
Ventilated Seats?

Where did you hear that MY was going to get Ventilated Seats?
It was reported in a couple places (teslarati.com being one) based on something found in the online manual.

However, I believe this was just a "cut and paste" mistake on the part of a copy editor made in haste while trying to update the Model 3/Model Y manual with the new v11 interface changes. The referenced section no longer appears this way in the Model 3/Model Y manual.

Last edited:
  • Informative
It was reported in a couple places (teslarati.com being one) based on something found in the online manual.

However, I believe this was just a "cut and paste" mistake on the part of a copy editor made in haste while trying to update the Model 3/Model Y manual with the new v11 interface changes. The referenced section no longer appears this way in the Model 3/Model Y manual.
I just looked at the Model Y manual online, and it seems to still reference cooling seats:

cool seats.png

You will get some (probably AMD, 12v, and rear laminated windows) but not others (structural pack, 4680, vented seats, wiper heaters, etc) assuming you order in the next week. Things will constantly change like the current MY's not getting USB ports with data that the 2021 models had.

You will get some (probably AMD, 12v, and rear laminated windows) but not others (structural pack, 4680, vented seats, wiper heaters, etc) assuming you order in the next week. Things will constantly change like the current MY's not getting USB ports with data that the 2021 models had.
Thank you I have deferred the unit to April 15 at which point they will put me back in the line up for a production slot. Im trying to put it off so that I get a Austin build.

Thank you I have deferred the unit to April 15 at which point they will put me back in the line up for a production slot. Im trying to put it off so that I get a Austin build.

From past experience, I would not want a first run of any new factory line.... it takes about 6-12 months for the first batch kinks to be smoothed out on almost every Tesla first run. Fremont line is very mature now so you would get higher quality build but less of the new features. Any Austin build being delivered in 2022 will most likely have quality issues until 2023; just a prediction.

It's kind of how they are now just discovering the HVAC/compressor flaws in cold weather with the new heat pumps (2021/2022 3/Y). I would expect any flaws in the Austin front castings or structural batteries not to crop up until they start churning out cars by the thousands on the new Austin line.