Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think there will be a "luxury" Model X in the future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We found the RAM mounts work very well on the smooth seat backs for holding up ipads to watch movies on long trips.

Also, I put a Seagate Wireless Plus storage disc in the trunk, full of movies. This way each iPad doesn't need a copy of every movie. They can play any movie on the movie box.

Works really well!

Oh yes, things I would change about my X:

* The double vision issue. It's not a deal breaker, but it seems fairly petty how Tesla is handling it.
* CarPlay/Android Auto support.
* A few minor nits about the media player. But these are things they're able to change over time with software updates (and have improved, somewhat, since I got the vehicle).
* Yeah, I think that's about it, besides wishing I had a 100D, AP 2.0, and possibly that I could blow the money on P/L without guilt.

The rear entertainment thing isn't a huge deal. It really bugs my wife, but we just let each row (we have 4 kids) borrow one iPad (mine, and an old one). We use a hair elastic to hang it over a headrest. Honestly I like it better this way. And I don't have to worry about physically packing DVDs (just have to remember to download a few movies ahead of time). And the UI and general purpose use of a tablet is far far better than any media system Tesla could possibly make, even with their better reputation of software updates.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
We found the RAM mounts work very well on the smooth seat backs for holding up ipads to watch movies on long trips.

Also, I put a Seagate Wireless Plus storage disc in the trunk, full of movies. This way each iPad doesn't need a copy of every movie. They can play any movie on the movie box.

Works really well!

RAM mounts are great! I am curious if they'll stick to the new matte-backed seats as well as they do to the glossy ones. Those Seagate Wireless drives are really excellent devices as well, great battery life & streaming features.

The sun through the windshield on our X is obviously hot. We can both feel it on our torso and the dash is clearly warm to the touch when the sun is overhead.

We added tint to the windshield (mostly heat blocking but not dark) and it helps a bit but still the heat can be felt.

Maybe the heat is more severe down in Texas

The heat is worth it thanks to the food trucks! We are several lacking here in the NE.

Your X interior temperature maxes out at 105 degrees because the car actively ensures that. It ventilates with outside air or runs the AC, as-needed, so long as Cabin Overheat is enabled and the battery is >20% charged. This is the default setting. You can turn it off, but I would leave it on.

FWIW before Cabin Overheat existed, our X was easily >130F inside in the hot sun.

Wow, great feature!

I asked in the matte seat backs thread and someone confirmed the ram mounts work just fine.

Excellent thanks!

I really like the new second-row center console as well, was looking at the 6-seat configuration and that popped up the day before. I am in no rush to order, but I am pretty set on the X at this point. The S was just too snug for me. Contemplating an order later in the year, maybe October, to see if anything new & exciting comes out post-3 release. I anticipate the X being another 10-year car for me, so give or take a few months to order isn't going to make or break it for me.

If anything, I wish the X was more quiet, like whisper quiet and had better front seats. They hurt my neck and my back for some reason. Took me forever just to get a comfortable position, but my neck and upper shoulders still hurt. Need better seats.

If anything, I wish the X was more quiet, like whisper quiet and had better front seats. They hurt my neck and my back for some reason. Took me forever just to get a comfortable position, but my neck and upper shoulders still hurt. Need better seats.

Well that's a bummer! I am a big fan of Volvo's seats...have literally taken naps in them haha. Very anxious to see how the new V90 Cross Country feels...although I've heard the newer seats & interiors are smaller than before & possibly less comfortable, hmm...