Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do You Use Your Active Air?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use it all the time. especially when pulling into my favorite public charging spot. it gets me up over the curb, except when I dip down into a soft spot in the pavement. (I have to remember to keep 3 inches to the left of center to avoid this.) So even with it I occasionally scrape. without it I would scrape every time.

I don't adjust the height often--but when I do, I'm glad I have it.

if you're going to meme, you must say it like this:

3gkk6.jpg

I am curious if anyone here has had occasion to use the active air suspension after a big snow to help the car get through unplowed areas. I live in Chicago and the alleys never get plowed and I am imaging periodic buyer's remourse as I miss the luxury of AWD.

I'm guessing thr AIS will be at least somewhat helpful...

I am curious if anyone here has had occasion to use the active air suspension after a big snow to help the car get through unplowed areas. I live in Chicago and the alleys never get plowed and I am imaging periodic buyer's remourse as I miss the luxury of AWD.

Living in Texas I don't think much about AWD. If I lived in a snowy areas I can't imagine not having it.

I'm assuming most have another vehicle for winter, but could be wrong. Even in Texas I would never get rid if SUV.

IAnd I wonder if air suspension systems have issues with freezing up in cold weather?

They didn't last year in Canada, and some folks had them down to -30.

My experience with all wheel drive is that mostly it allows you to get stuck harder. It's not a replacement for driving skill and good tires.

I'd like to know why it went from $1500 to its current price?, not seeing any change with the huge price difference
I'm only guessing, but some of these are possible reasons:
- Tesla wants to increase their margins, and competitors charge more than $1500
- Tesla is worried about the repair costs for the Air Suspension (a lot of people have said that other air suspensions need a lot of repairs) and wanted to make enough money to pay for the repair costs for those people who buy the service package

That is exactly why I ordered my 85 with active air. The side road we live on in Chicago gets plowed late. So I am expecting that being able to raise the car almost 2 inch will help. Two more days before I get mine. Can't wait.

Active air was something I never looked at in the hundreds of times I configured the car. I thought I wouldn't use it or miss is since I haven't had it on other cars. Then I went back for one last test drive and really paid attention to the ride and how it hunkered down at speed. Added it right away and can now think of lots of situations where I'll use it. But the biggest reason was when I tested them back to back it did make a difference. And now that I confirmed, all that's left to do is wait...

P85 in "look at me" red/tan | 19" | Pano | HPWC | Active Air | CF interior | Fog | Tech | Shelf