You can install our site as a web app on your iOS device by utilizing the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari. Please see this thread for more details on this.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
Wash your patio furniture on your lawn or a portion of your yard that needs to be watered anyway in place of actual watering. This will be the most efficient use of water, double purpose.Yeah I can't imagine the dirty panels actually freeing up much more energy... I guess the good thing about all the panel-specific reporting is that there's enough data points to inform if a specific panel is showing lower production over time (for changes unrelated to the position of the sun).
We can't wash solar panels, cars, patio furniture, or even spray out garbage bins right now anyway due to the drought. Sucks.
I am able to get on my 2nd story roof to was panels. I just use a window washing mop maybe some soapy water, or not, and wash when pollen presents itself.
I tried to see if that improved production after washing but hard to tell, especially when someone compares a day apart. Temperature is a killer, so is any slight weather change that may not be visible to the eye. For accurate measurement you would really need some serious measuring instruments, one for the actual sun power and angle to the panels at time of measurements. .
But, sure makes one happy to subjectively see an increase.
So, just was and be happy.
Wow, every 2 weeks?...maxes out at about 5% after about 2 weeks. Multiple panels unwashed daily optimizer output vs panels that are kept clean. If you're doing the same thing, then either swap panels and repeat or control against a months worth of production for each panel.
My washing steps:
The deionized water is only needed to rinse off the tap/well water. If you use the deionizer for all steps that require water, you'll just waste the filters because its the very end that counts.
- Wait for the sun to go down but not too late as you want some light.
- Rinse once with firehose nozzle Amazon.com: Gilmour 855032-1001 High-Pressure PRO Fireman's Spray Nozzle with Large, Red/Black: Garden & Outdoor
- Foamer gun using the mild car detergent. Amazon.com: Fasmov Car Wash Pressure Washer Jet Wash 1/4" Quick Release Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster: Automotive
- 22" microfiber window brush on 30' pole Amazon.com: DocaPole 7-30 Foot Extension Pole - Multi-Purpose Telescopic Pole // Light Bulb Changer // Paint Roller // Duster Pole // Telescoping Pole for Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, and Hanging Lights: Health & Personal Care
- Rinse again with firehose
- Final rinse with deionized water. Make sure it's a filter that you can see the usage status. Amazon.com: AQUATICLIFE Deionized Spot-Free Car Rinse Unit - Premium Water Deionizer for Car Washing - Spotless Car, RV, and Motorcycle Wash System: Automotive
I do it every two weeks. Takes about 20 minutes. I can do it all from the ground.
Wow, every 2 weeks?
I was wondering how long can you not clean it to get close to the unwashed panels production as that is how often one would need to was to get that increased production all year.